LegacyGT.com

Anchor Subaru A++

800mZero

Hey Guys,

Figured I would write up some praise for Anchor Subaru in North Smithfield ,RI. I bought my 05 Leg 2.5i off them back on 17 November 2007. I found the car on cars.com and called them the next morning and was greeted by a gentleman named Orfeo, he was kind, curtious, and very warming and scheduled me for an appointment/test drive that evening for 6.

When I showed up my fiance was running late so as I was walking around the parking lot waiting for her--up walked another very kind, not pushy gentleman named Jorge Navaro. He introduced himself--shook my hand asked what he could do for me. I informed him about my appointment and that I was waiting for my fiance--he said well why dont I do this--come on inside where its warm---grab a cup of cofee--and Iwill pull up the car so you can look it over--play with the switches and wait for your girl. And he did just that --- I sucked down my coffee and looked the car over--adjusted the mirrors he gave me a pocket flashlight to shine up underneath---just a real nice guy --very professional who was concerned about his customer--not the sale.

When my fiance showed up --he presented us with the carfax on the car--offered her a cup of coffee and we went for a test drive. Thier test drive "course" conststed of street driving, high way driving, residential driving, and rough road driving allowing you to feel why we all love our subarus. When we got back to the dealership I asked if there was any changing of the price and he was honest that it was as low as they could go but if I wished to speak to the sales manager I could---he didnt do any internet comaprisons or pushy--see this is what i get it for paperwork--just a warm friendly honest answer. I told him to write it up. Over the next 30 minutes or so we were treated like gold -- and he managed to call around and get us a fantastic interest rate. I left very satisfied and told him I would be picking up the car the next day.

The next morning Jorge called to assure everything was ok with my loan and that he had recieved my proof of insurance and that he made sure to be there for when I picked up that car.

I got their that night--again we were treated like gold, we had to wait maybe 25 minutes to sign off the loan but once we did everything was set--we were given some free t-shirts--a free tank of gas voucher and a promise--any problems we are there for you.

About 2 weeks after I had the car---the crappy weather finally subsided and I noticed a nickle sized door ding in my rear passenger side door---my immeadiate reaction was that i was po'ed. But i went back and looked at the pics of the car from the dealer website and saw the ding in the picks. I called Jorge up immeadiately--he apologized over and over, I replied well its kinda my fault i bought the thing at night, picked it up at night and such. He said--well you have to bring the car back for you lojack install--we will fix the ding for free then.

A week later I showed up with the car for the lojack, registration, and ding. I was offered a van ride back to my house for the day or for 15 doallars I was given a new 06 leg sedan for my loaner for the day. I took the loaner and was called at 3 pm to let me know everything was finished.

I showed up --the ding looks like it never existed, The reistration was all set, and they washed, waxed ,and armor alled the car for me.

Since then I have recieved a letter almost evrey month --thanking me for my sale and letting me know if I need anything they are there.

Anchor Subaru is a high class dealership, they have treated me fantastic with warmth, honesty and a professional care that is almost impossible to find now a days.

If your looking for a new Suby--give them a call --- when I got to trade mine in in 10 years or so--they will be my first stop.

Wow, a complete 180 from my experience.

Orfeo was nice in person, but I felt the "i dont give a ***" attitude when I enquiried via email. Also, some email responses took MONTHS to reply too.

I walked in one day and spoke with Josh, a salesperson. During the whole test drive, he would not shut up about how Anchor subaru has 500 cars at all times, #1 seller in NE, people from Vermont drive hours just to enjoy the Anchor experience...blah blah blah. And after listening to this and still wanting to buy the car, they wouldn't budge on the price, which was $3,000 over its value. I called the next day to see if they would come down a little, and in a short breathe, he said "yea, it's gone...i'll send you a quote for a new one" (which I never received).

All in all, not a horrible experience, but I wouldn't ever go back there.

I'm glad you found the car you wanted though! Enjoy!

enough zip ties and duct tape will fix anything.

Wow, I was just going to post something about Anchor.

I have emailed a lot of dealerships in my neck of the wood, NY and NJ.

Anchor is the only dealership that will give me a really good pricing on a brand new 07 Legacy SE. I am also dealing with Orfio and I must say he responds to email the next day or even hours later if he gets my email before he leave work.

I was about to post what was people's experience with Anchor Subaru.

I dislike Anchor, a lot. When Cliff was there he and his sales staff treated me like a second class citizen even though everyone on NESIC said to go see him. They tried to rip me off on my trade (by around 3k) and over charge me on a used '05 LGT. The service dpt took advantage of my mom when she had her car serviced there (oh, you need 15 things replaced that might wear out soon, etc) North End Subaru got my business and will continue to as long as I'm buying Subarus. I can't pimp them enough. Small dealers who care about every sale FTW.

Archived