LegacyGT.com

loss of power and stalling

tigersan

Ok I have a 06 LGT 5eat, with a TDC stage one map. From time to time if I accelerate hard I will lose power entirely for about 1 second then power comes back in a neck snapping fashion. Also from time to time the car idles rough as I come to a stop and when I apply gas pedal it dies. I have never goten a CEL, and I am wondering if the TDC map/AP disables any CELs, from what I have heard the dealership will not be too helpfull without a CEL. Any Ideas?

I've got an 05 5EAT TDC stage 1..almost the identical problems. Haven't run in to the power loss thing, unless you mean a complete hesitation when you floor it (at first). Otherwise I do get the stalling at a stop and hesitation. Usually happens within 3 miles after a cold start.

umm...I was having the same problem, first it started with the TDC stage 1 and now it is happening with Stage 2! It doesnt dip below idle any more when i press the gas but it does shake at idle alot more then stock. I switched back to the stock map before I went stage 2 and it didnt happen. I think it is the map. So this is probably posted in the wrong place.

I am a 5eat too.

Semper Fi.

come to think of it mine usually happens within a few miles of a cold start as well, I will need to switch back to stock map soon to take my car in for this and other warranty issues(mostly the damn rattles) so it will be intersting to see if that fixes the problem, if not hopefully TDC has a fix for this, cause as much as a like the extra power the problems are annoying, and potentially dangerous(I had the loss of power once while letting the rear end get a little loose, and then the power cut out........very scary.

Cold starts can effect a lot with a car. 1st thing I suggest is make sure all of your oil levels are good. If you have low oil you will have stalling and bliping in the cold for sure when you come to a stop etc. This is b/c the oil isn't warm enough yet and you don't have enough of it either.

If that doesn't fix it. Log the car and send us the logs and the map and the explaination of the issues to mapupdates@tdctuning.com

PM Me for all your Modification Needs!

Thanks for chimming in TDC oil is fine, problem started before weather got cold, and although it happens shortly after a cold start it is not immediatly after, it happens after the engine is a least half way to normal operating temps.

Got a link to a logging how to??

If you mash the gas all the way, you are going to have that problem.. It would even be that way if the car were stock..It has something to do with the way the ECU reada throttle position in accordance w/ gas pedal position, or tsomethign like that..The 5eats accelerate better with the pedal pushed in half way to 3/4 not stomped on to the floor.

I too have the same issue on a cold start. I have even had the car cut off twice.

Here's the link to the datalogging how to...

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20090

As I am also a TDC Stg 1 5eat I'd be interested to know what if anything someone comes up with after a couple logs. I have not logged mine yet.

Well we had this issue with another 5eat and he found out that had little to no oil in the car when he did an oil change. Stick read full, when he drained it there was less then a qt in the whole car.

He filled up and the bucking and stalling stopped immediatly. That is why I suggested it. I would do an oil change just to eliminate that.

PM Me for all your Modification Needs!

i run into this problem with my car. i have a stage 2 TDC map, but have not experienced it w/ the TDC map. it only occurs w/ my COBB stg 1 map. i will be idling and all of a sudden it will dip low and when i go to apply gas at the stop light (i'm usually sitting still for at least a few seconds) it will die! :( this ONLY happens when i've had the stg 1 map on the car, never w/ the stg 2 tune. wierd....
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

Archived