LegacyGT.com

not sure what to do about the stock system

mmanus88

well i'm about to place an order in for my gt before nov. 1. i already have a list fo additions i will be making to the car: - Fold Out GPS System (PioneerAVN1C) - Radar Detector- Passport 8500 X50 - Sirius Satellite Radio - HID Lights _ Toyo Proxes 4 Tires - 17" BBS RGR Rims (Diamond Color) thats ia costly list of additions (to me at least :)) but in order to fully enjoy my new GT limited i want those things on. i enjoy listening to music (as u cna tell from the sirius addon) but suburu's audio options are nonexistent in the US, unfortunately. i have heard that the stock system is decent, but not good if u like pounding the audio. i don't like doing that, but i do like listening sort of loud on occasion. would keeping the stock system, and adding quality amp + sub instead of the amp+sub subbie offers better the speakers and satisfy me? again, i don't like pounding music, but output quality concerns me and i do like to listen fairly loud sometimes. hvaing to add a new sound system would be sort of lengthy process and cost a nice amount (already blowing away lots of $$$ on the car itself and above additions). thanks!

The stock system will go plenty loud enough to annoy you, and those travelling next to you. If loudness is a principal consideration, you're already there. Now, if loudness with sonic quality is a consideration, there's another issue. The stock system will play loudly, far more so than I can stand, frankly, and still sound good. Kevin

Archived