LegacyGT.com

Sedan Ski Passthrough Bag

I searched around and couldn't find any good info on some sort of ski bag that attaches to the folding passthrough on the sedan. I could have sworn seeing that as an accessory from Subaru, but can't find it on the web. Does anyone have a recommendation on how to keep all that snow and ice on your boards/skis from getting everywhere?

I'll probably just end up getting a bag for them. But one other reason I was looking for this was the comfort and safety of the passengers. If I stop short, or have to swerve, I'd like something between the skis and the passengers. I'd imagine they'd have less of a chance of sliding forward if they were bagged and velcroed/tied down to the seats. I'll probably bungee cord them somehow for safety.

Heck, we(LGT wagons) don't even get the center arm rest in the back unlike the Outbacks.

What I would really like is what Volvo did for the XC70's. It has a 40/20/40 split rear seat. The 20 can also be removed. They even had a fridge that would fit into that spot.

My A6 had one. It was a major pia. I ended up by taking it out for good, and wiping my skis down, and putting them in the ski bag. The Audi had an interior door, then the bag, then a door in the trunk (Cuts down on noise, and keeps the bag contained).

Yeah, putting the bag away after the first useage was a nightmare.

Ha, now with all this talk about how much a pain it is to even bag it, I'll just wipe it down and hope for the best. :lol:

I looked at those Thule and Yakima racks, but I don't feel like dropping $400+ on a ski rack! Back in the day, we had a very generic ski rack which was an all in one unit (no feet + fit kits + bars + rack). It was designed with rubberized "hooks" on the end of these metal bands which had notches cut in it. It was easy since you just hooked the rubber coated feet around the top of your door sill, adjusted the slack in the metal bands, then tightened them down with a screw. They fit several of our cars and the whole thing couldn't have been more than $150. I can't seem to find anything like that anymore. Maybe they were flying off people's cars with $2000 in skis and boards! :icon_conf

I searched around and couldn't find any good info on some sort of ski bag that attaches to the folding passthrough on the sedan. I could have sworn seeing that as an accessory from Subaru, but can't find it on the web. Does anyone have a recommendation on how to keep all that snow and ice on your boards/skis from getting everywhere?

I am betting that Audi must have a patent on their ski bag concept. I sold my 1997 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro for a 2007 Subaru Legacy GT Sedan and part of motivation was the pass through and folding rear seats that came in 2007. I have made ski bags and am using it similar to the pass through. My only issue is that I think I'll devise a way to strap the ski bag down to the folding door so if I stop suddenly the skis won't fly to front seat or through window...just an emergency precaution. I actually think that is why Audi's was nice, but have to agree that folding it back up in and getting door shut in trunk was a pain so never used it. I

On my Audi, I used a Yakima with bike and ski rack attachments, but decided to not go that route this time due to 1) aerodynamics, 2) wind noise through sunroof and 3) looks. I just had a tow hitch installed for rear mounting bike racks and will use the ski bag for skiing. If I ever want to go on a big ski trip with 3 or 4 people then I'll put Yakima back on and buy the Q-clips for this model of car.

Archived