LegacyGT.com

2005 Legacy With Sat Radio and Nav, Yes!!!

TechCI

I just got my 2005 Legacy GT this week and made a couple of Mods.

Mods - Sat Radio, NAV, Tinted Windows, Seat Belt Disable, DRL Disable and SilverStar Headlight Upgrade

Here are some pics of the enhancements. Please excuse the wire coming out of the NAV, didn't have time to run that better yet. Please let me know what you think.

LegBack.jpg.4afdc136019c2763294b28dcb164590f.jpg

LegFront.jpg.a13042db4b17be84770e2cc129092f66.jpg

xmclose.jpg.ef73ef6902ac882d3ab0168666bec325.jpg

navxm2.jpg.04d47c4443335c8ccfd49cdb7a5707b9.jpg

remotes.jpg.86e3fab984dd86cb3b5a3aaf64d47913.jpg

navxm1.jpg.a58cd436ac62b136086f673f25b545a9.jpg

navclose1.jpg.2cfa94e231d10a6efa85a3e486e0dea9.jpg

That is the XM Commander, it fits right in the cubby. The door still closes too. It is on the same angle as the display cluster below so it follows the line. I like the fact that you can still close the lid if you want.

Looks good, and you even have a microphone handy to get your groove on in traffic, oh wait thats just your shift knob. Just playing it all looks good.

'05 Black Legacy GT Wagon 5-spd

'02 Topaz/Black 330Ci 5-spd

Drift Ryder's School of Rally Arts, coming to an Australia near you.

looks sweet...like the color choice. Would you mind giving us a breakdown of your new toy with all its other toys inside it? imho that shift knob looks out of place, or may be its just the camera angle. Congrats on your new beast!

I went 35% on all doors and 20% on back window. I had 20% on all windows on my last car and you could not even see inside. Great for privacy but I always felt like I might get pulled over for being too dar. The 35% is perfect. Still plenty dark.

I liked the Momo shift knob because it is a little longer then the stock one and has a better grip. I got the extended armrest and the height is perfect for shifting with the Momo knob. The angle from the picture is a down angle so it may look a little different then a normal view. It is much more pronounced in the pictures then it is in reality.

Alex1, I was going to go with that option, but I opted for the NAV that can go between cars easily, plus the screen would be too small. The Garmin is touchscreen and can go anywhere with me. The cubby is the perfect spot for the sat radio :)

[quote name='TechCI']That is the XM Commander, it fits right in the cubby. The door still closes too. It is on the same angle as the display cluster below so it follows the line. I like the fact that you can still close the lid if you want.[/QUOTE] I have the same unit installed in the same place. Very neat. I assume you have it hooked up to the FM radio? I am going to try and have it hooked directly to the CD player, as per Centerpunch's directions ([url]http://www.legacygt.com/viewtopic.php?t=3064[/url]) for better sound quality. I went through it with my installer and he said it should not be difficult (they have an EE on staff)

05 SWP Legacy GT Limited (aka "Pearl")- 5MT AP - Stage 2 Protuned (238/284) - wife driven

07 BMW 335xi

[quote name='emlevins']I have the same unit installed in the same place. Very neat. I assume you have it hooked up to the FM radio? I am going to try and have it hooked directly to the CD player, as per Centerpunch's directions ([url]http://www.legacygt.com/viewtopic.php?t=3064[/url]) for better sound quality. I went through it with my installer and he said it should not be difficult (they have an EE on staff)[/QUOTE] Sorry - I see that link no longer works...

05 SWP Legacy GT Limited (aka "Pearl")- 5MT AP - Stage 2 Protuned (238/284) - wife driven

07 BMW 335xi

[quote name='emlevins']Sorry - I see that link no longer works...[/QUOTE] Here is the correct link (I hope): [url]http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2936&highlight=Centerpunch[/url]

07 BMW 335xi

Archived