LegacyGT.com

TDC is gettin JDM Bumpers!!

TDC Tuning

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
not to be a kill joy, however does the JDM front bumper neglect the DOT standards for our cars?

If youre asking do the JDM bumpers violate US DOT crash standards, yes, they do. But once you install them as an aftermarket unit, i dont see what the problem is, i dont think you'll get ticketed for having a front bumper that doesn't meet crash regs. Its just a restriction at the point of manufacture i think.

Ed

If youre asking do the JDM bumpers violate US DOT crash standards, yes, they do. But once you install them as an aftermarket unit, i dont see what the problem is, i dont think you'll get ticketed for having a front bumper that doesn't meet crash regs. Its just a restriction at the point of manufacture i think.

Ed

That's what I figured. thanks for clarifying.

also in for pricing

will i have to hack my front to pieces to get it to fit?????

all USDM bumper beams and plastic trays will have to be hacked/trimmed or replaced with their JDM counterparts to fit the shorter JDM bumpers.

Ed

all USDM bumper beams and plastic trays will have to be hacked/trimmed or replaced with their JDM counterparts to fit the shorter JDM bumpers.

Ed

i'd heard/read that, but as an old time hot rodder from way back, a little metal massageing is not too offensive........:icon_bigg

• 1 month later...

Archived