LegacyGT.com

na ej22 to turbo

battlewagon

i have a 93 legacy wagon with the ej22..i planed on doing a project with it and turboing it.. i pulled the motor out and did all the seals, timming belt ect on it. runs really good and strong. i planed on using small amount of boost, tell i build another ej22 with better parts.. question now is..

1) will a wrx aftermarket exhaust manifold fit? i heard it does.. i plan on using a wrx turbo too

2) i heard i have to modify the cross member for something?

3) for fuel injectors, what bolts in its place? i plan on gettin a fuel pump and safc to help with the tune alil bit..

and is the wrx stock turbo water and oil cooled? or just one?

any help would be awsome... Thanks for your time if u read this

Exhaust bolts right up, as far as the shape and location of the flanges and studs on most all 4cylinder subarus.

turbo is water/oil

Your intake manifold/fuel rail is what determines what style injectors to use. You could swap to whatever? I guess yours are like the 02-03-?? WRX

thanks, thats some help... alot of people think im wasting my time doing this, but what ever.. pistons and rods are only $800 and that makes the bottom end pretty strong.... does anyone know if i can tap into the oil pressure sending unit for a oil line for the turbo? and where should i use the water lines?

Archived