LegacyGT.com

Looseness in steering?

SkiDaddy

UPdate...had my inner te rod replaced...ends up its not it.

The guys at the shop who are not Subaru Techs but they are the guys tha do work on my car most of the time. they kept trying to figure out what he problem is. The ended up figuring that it is probably the steering "rack" i think thats what its called.

So a updte my symptoms are as followed:

-Left bending roads:When he road bends left and only left and im somewhere in either 1st or 2nd or 3rd(usually doesnt happen in 4th or 5th gear) 5EAT there is a pulsating feeling coming from the passenger side front wheel. The pulsation is felt in the car, but not in the steering wheel so much.

-Going over uneven roads you hear a clunk/pop in the front passeneger side. I hear this sound almost as though its coming from behind the glove box/behind and under the glove box.

I posted a thread awhile back about practically the same thing here: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62575

From what I've been told, it's just a Subaru thing.. something in the rack assembly itself. There are many threads over on nasioc about it. Mine sounds like shit when I'm slowly turning over uneven surfaces like gravel, broken concrete, etc. I don't physically feel any looseness in the steering, it's just an annoying rattle that will seemingly never be fixed. Haven't bothered taking it to the dealership, they'll probably just shrug it off. Mine got worse after the SuperPro bushings were installed.

• 1 year later...
Well it seems my problem is the lower control arm bushings. I'm quite dissapointed that they would go bad so quickly, compared to the American cars I've owned. Just like the clutch throwout bearing wearing thru/snapping the snout of the transmission off, an obvious design flaw. My Maxima certainly aged much better.........

Archived