LegacyGT.com

What Exhaust CAN I get??

beatadrum

I just got an 07 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limitied, not the GT. I am very new to Subaru's and modding in general and dont plan to do much with my car. I was wondering if the same exhaust's that fit the GT's will fit my car? Also I want an exhaust that will add horsepower obviously, but isn't huge (I'm thinking 3"). What kind of horsepower will an exhuast add to my car as well?? Thanks to whoever can help!!!

....any online websites to buy things for my car??

I've heard people say that 3" is too large for the NA cars, and it could actually cause a loss in HP. I don't think you would get enough of a hp gain to buy a full catback. You should just buy a pair of shiny mufflers for a little more bling and more sound.

I just installed the ebay exhaust. $430 shipped. Right now i have the full cat back on and im starting to think its too loud. I might try putting the stock mid pipe with resonator back on and keep the mufflers. IF this works well it still far cheaper than buying anyon elses mufflers alone.

That doesn't mean you can't buy a cat-back. I know there is a guy around here with a 2.5i that installed the megan racing cat-back. It's 3", and it fits and sounds nice. I was just suggesting something that would save a little $.

I would look around in the Naturally Aspirated Powertrain section and see what they've done mod wise.

I have the ebay exhaust. $430 shipped. I had the whole cat-back on my N/A It sounds great but i found that it resonated thru the car really bad at low rpm. So today i took out he mid and Y and replaced it with just the Mufflers. Looks good, has a little rumble and still costs far less than just mufflers from other makes.

Go with the megan racing system, just installed it at the megan warehouse. sounds awsome and added feelable hp. the sound is perfect not too loud just the perfect sound for these cars. contact boostjunkie, he will set u up. also on the 07 thats what i have there coming out with the new downpipe for our cars a definate buy for sereous hp gains!!!!!

Good Luck.http://legacygt.com/forums/images/icons/icon10.gif

^^just curious, your IBEW? What kind of elecric work do you do? I am an "electrician" of sorts as well. I do lighting on TV and films, so I deal with big power all the time. It's just nice to see other electricians out there.

:icon_twis Slide It Sideways :icon_twis

Go with the megan racing system, just installed it at the megan warehouse. sounds awsome and added feelable hp. the sound is perfect not too loud just the perfect sound for these cars. contact boostjunkie, he will set u up. also on the 07 thats what i have there coming out with the new downpipe for our cars a definate buy for sereous hp gains!!!!!

Good Luck.http://legacygt.com/forums/images/icons/icon10.gif

Can we please meet up? I wanna hear this!!!

Edit: oh wait.. nvm... you have a GT

○ ○ ○

Instagram: itshangertime :spin::spin::spin: ○ ○ ○

That doesn't mean you can't buy a cat-back. I know there is a guy around here with a 2.5i that installed the megan racing cat-back. It's 3", and it fits and sounds nice. I was just suggesting something that would save a little $.

I would look around in the Naturally Aspirated Powertrain section and see what they've done mod wise.

Who? :icon_conf

○ ○ ○

After having a cat back on my N/A. I have to say just go with the mufflers. I dont think there will be much power gain. That or have smaller pipes made up. I am very happy with just the mufflers. I would like it just a tad louder but its cool. Spending $600+ on a cat back just for sound in the end seems like a waste

The only thing i wonder now and haven't tried is using the cat back pipes with stock mufflers. I bet it would sound good while freeing up some flow

After having a cat back on my N/A. I have to say just go with the mufflers. I dont think there will be much power gain. That or have smaller pipes made up. I am very happy with just the mufflers. I would like it just a tad louder but its cool. Spending $600+ on a cat back just for sound in the end seems like a waste

The only thing i wonder now and haven't tried is using the cat back pipes with stock mufflers. I bet it would sound good while freeing up some flow

yea...actually want to get Prodrive axle-back, but still that cost $500+ :lol::(

○ ○ ○

Money issues man!! Money!!!

:lol:

hmm... gonna make a proposal to my friends to get that for my birthday :lol:

You're lucky you don't have a GT. When I had the 2.5i, I didn't really look for mods. Once I bought the GT, I am always a click away from buying something new. Sometimes I can restrain myself, sometimes I can't. Im hungry for horsepower. :(

Archived