LegacyGT.com

Update: Turbo boost only fails during rain, Any suggestions?

05LGTBlack

I had previously posted under "turbo problems," but I have come to the conclusion after having the car back from service for a few days that the turbo does not work when it rains. Does anybody know of any electrical problems or sensors that may be affected by water?

I am going to order a tactrix cable to do the self diagnosis, but I know the dealership was trying that also. However, when I dropped it off, I had not determined that water was the problem.

I was going to ask if that was a serious post or not. At this point, though, my legacy seems sensitive enough to need a full body plug. If you haven't seen my other posts (legacy clutch), I have had endless problems since buying this 05 used with 33k miles on it.

No, I have never heard of that. Is that something unique to the Legacy GT? I never had a problem with the turbo in the rain or snow with my 02 or 04 WRX's.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. It has got to be electrical. Using a spray bottle of water, spray different electrical connectors one at a time until you find the one sensitive to the moisture. Shouldn't be too hard.

It is still ugly.

Archived