LegacyGT.com

Please help with my tire issues!

shocker

This is a X-post from the main Legacy forum.

Hi guys, I bought a used '05 LGT back in November (33k on it) and have been lurking here for a while reading, but haven't made a post.

I hit a curb tonight (tight turn in a parking garage, my mistake I guess) and now have a bubble on my left rear tire. I decided to throw the donut on for the drive home JUST IN CASE. I got home and took the tire inside to look at, the bubble is right on the sidewall, and is about the size of a quarter, but a bit longer, so oval shaped. I know I need to replace the tire, but first, a few questions:

I have Bridgestone Potenza RE92 215 45Z R17 on there right now, they have ~5mm to the bottom tread and ~3mm to wear indicator left on them.

Do I need to replace all four corners now?

Can I get away with replacing just ONE tire?

Does it have to be the same make/model as what I have on there, if I only put 1 tire on?

If I have to get four new tires, what does everyone recommend for the stock wheels? I don't know much about the tires out there, so would appreciate a recommendation for a nice all-season tire! (my friend mentioned that a 225 45Z R17 would ft, and ride a bit better than the 215's.)

Lastly, I am tempted to put this tire back on for my commute tomorrow, rather than use the donut. I have a 50 mile R/T commute all highway, and feel like this tire might be safer than the donut, despite the bubble, true or false?

Thanks for the help guys, I look forward to more posts on here!

Archived