LegacyGT.com

Another question

Dridge

Ok, so Ive decided to either A. turbo my 97LGT motor or B. find a cheap turbo 2.0T or better to drop in it. After I get my taxes back I will have 4 grand, 5 at the most to play with. I know about the AVO turbo kit and was wondering what all it came with, and also where I might be able to find a cheap turbocharged motor. I will be using the car for a Daily driver and a weekend track car. In everyones opinion which motor would be more suited for such driving. And also if I decided to go with the AVO kit what would be the best and cheapest way of getting it. If I could find a used kit that would be great.

our motors dont mix well with boost. Your best options are to either build a better NA motor, ie(cams, port&polish,pp6 etc..) or just do a swap. i'd personally go with the swap and depending on shops in your area or how much you can do yourself. you might be able to get a swap in done..

checkout www.eastcoastswappers.com for swap info.

Also, www.sl-i.net for a little more swap info and some n/a building info.

thanks guys for the info, about having a shop do the swap, thats no problem. Me and my friends are opening up out own shop. (so when we get our welding machine in look out for some custom fabbed parts for the LGT). Anyway we will do the swap ourselves so thats no problem.

Would a non-turbo 2.2 work good to be turboed? I can find them pretty easy. Its just that if I need a 2.2 turbo motor then that will make it a Little more difficult to find. If I turbo the 2.2 what sort of things should I look out for? Ive already got the SAFC so that I can run an atmospheric BOV, and all the gauges, I just need to find a dual gauge pod for the A piller thats made for our cars. Anywhere you guys know where to find one?

Archived