LegacyGT.com

EBAY Exhaust installed with Sound Clips!!

subyroo

They are the same system. I got mine from EDT since it was less expensive. ($430.00 shipped) The question about the hangers in the XO photos was brought up in another thread and it was just the way the photos were taken. There are indeed 2 hangers per muffler. BTW, I just installed my system with the Cobb catted DP and it sounds very nice. Not obnoxious, just nice!! The only fitment issue I encountered was the left muffler sitting a bit to the right of the bumper cutout. I will tweak it later.

• 1 month later...

Nice work getting everything centered!

Loosen the bolts at the muffler to Y-pipe connection. Have a friend hold the muffler where you want it to be. Tighten bolts.

exactly! make sure everything is where you want it before tightening the bolts - there isn't anything really keeping the exhaust in place before it gets tightened, so it can end up in a variety of positions. I need to shift mine a bit this weekend since I didn't have any help when I put it on the first time.

and to those asking about wagon fitment, it seems to work perfectly. I didn't measure how far the stock tips stuck out, but visually the new tips look about the same. I'm using the stock donut gasket at the midpipe, so that pushes everything back a little bit vs. using the flat gasket that comes with the system. quality is excellent, even ignoring the price point. all the gasket surfaces are flat (something I can't say for other exhaust components), the welds are nice and clean, and the tips are sweet. I'll try to take pics this weekend if no one else has installed this on a wagon yet.

Please do get some pics of this on the wagon.

How bad is the drone? That is my biggest concern. Did you install it as is or did you have a resonator welded in?

I would be running this system with a Cobb catted DP that was modded to still be 3" at the end. This catback starts out right at 3" flat flange right?

Wow! $430 shipped! Seems like a nice piece too.

I also went to the XO2 site, but I couldn't find this CB. Wonder why? I was trying to find out more about the rep of the maker.

Also interested in centering questions and possible droning for the wagon...

Correction, I found it at the xo2 site, listed under xo2 parts, not legacy gt parts, for some reason. They want $500, not including shipping. $360 on ebay + $70 shipping. Wow, may have to go for this one.

They also list a down pipe for $180, but I think it is catless. No good description.

This catback starts out right at 3" flat flange right?

Yes.

I'm not sure how to describe the droning in the wagon - it exists, but mostly at low speeds and part throttle. At some point I'm going to try the stock center section with these mufflers to see what the sound/power trade off is. At highway speeds and at idle it isn't very noticable at all. It's actually somewhat quieter than I expected given the straight thru mufflers and the lack of a resonator.

As far as the droning, if you are on the highway going a steady 70-75mph could you hear someone talking in the back seat fine or would they need to talk loud to be heard? I guess does the drone seem annoying at highway speeds?

So here are some pics of the exhaust on my wagon. Looking at subyroo's pics makes me want to get out the torch though - I really like where his tips ended up. Mine are symmetrical, but the tips aren't in the center of the bumper cutout (neither was the stock exhaust FWIW).

I like the sound more everytime I drive it. It's pretty mellow on the highway if you aren't accelerating - you can definitely carry on a conversation without raising your voice.

1045420270_ExhaustRear.jpg.5d47681222f0e8aafaed2b32ba943dd7.jpg

646051979_Exhaustside.jpg.4a27db54410a0a1cd73f9cd4057a08b4.jpg

• 9 months later...
Is everyone still happy with this exhaust?

And is this the exhaust that you guys bought with a now een lower price?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Subaru-Legacy-05-07-Dual-Catback-Exhaust-Hi-Power-06_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33742QQihZ009QQitemZ190183692011QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

haha i was just looking at this yesterday thinking damn that's cheap....

i'm getting one for xmas

I'm still very happy with mine for the price I paid during the group buy. We have had salt on the roads for a little over a month now. I was under the car last week changing tranny/diff fluid and noticed the exhaust is as shiny as ever and no corrosion. I think it got a little quieter over time, not much, probably just from carbon/soot building up in the mufflers. Even on a wagon this exhuast is not too loud.

Is everyone still happy with this exhaust?

And is this the exhaust that you guys bought with a now een lower price?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Subaru-Legacy-05-07-Dual-Catback-Exhaust-Hi-Power-06_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33742QQihZ009QQitemZ190183692011QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I was looking at the same exhaust for my Outback.

yamie are you also stage 2?

Yep, STi UP, Cobb catted DP modded to be full 3" at the end into the X02 catback.

I will say that I'm glad I was on the later group buy that had the resonator. Like I said this exhaust is fine on a wagon but I do start to get a little drone at about 75-80mph. Without the resonator it might be too much drone on a wagon. Sedan might be OK though.

• 1 month later...

I recently purchased one of these things from ETD Motors on ebay for about $320 shipped. Looks exactly like the xo2, and it even has a resonator in the midpipe (which didn't show up in the ebay description or photos).

The tip on one of my mufflers appears to be a little banged up, but other than that this looks like a solid system for the $$.

I recently purchased one of these things from ETD Motors on ebay for about $320 shipped. Looks exactly like the xo2, and it even has a resonator in the midpipe (which didn't show up in the ebay description or photos).

The tip on one of my mufflers appears to be a little banged up, but other than that this looks like a solid system for the $$.

Let us know how it fits up, I have been watching this ebay system as well. Nice to know it has a resonator.

Archived