LegacyGT.com

Outback 2.5i suspension upgrade

rookie ddz

Ok, I'm been doing some reading in here about upgrading my suspension on my 07 OB 2.5i M/T. Excuse my noob status on this topic. I was thinking I'd like to reduce, or eliminate the dip forward and then back when I shift. The body rock is tough, mostly shifting from 1st to 2nd.

So, I got from here that LGT OEM springs would fit on my ride. Could I get away with just upgrading the springs, or do i need to worry about the struts also? Any other brands I could do? I'd like an inexpensive solution, but I want to do this right also.

A few more questions came up. Would I need RSB or a FSB? I thought they were just for side to side body roll. And how easy are these upgrades?

I'd assume that swapping the springs would put you lower. Which may or may not be what you want. But IMO, it could have some interesting negative effect on the camber curve. We're waiting for decent shocks.

In the meantime, swapping out the rear sway bar is a definite plus; granted, it (duh) reduces sway, but more importantly reduces the severe understeer that SOA thought was what Americans want & need.

Another relatively cheap & easy mod you might consider is installing an STi tranny mount:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50988

Might help with your symptom.

06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

Would a tranny mount help the front to back rock from shifting? This looks like it's just a bushing. I have no idea about this. but I'd like to get some options.

I was looking at RSB. That I was really looking into. But I thought if I was under the car and doing that, I may look into reducing the rocking.

Also, real noob question. What is the real term for that front to back rocking when shifting?

Do you mean that the car pitches nose down then back up when you shift?

The motion is Pitch, as opposed to Roll aka Sway.

06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

those coilovers are looking to be around $1k. They also look adjustable, which I do not need. I did read, or thought I read somewhere, about LGT struts and springs fitting? I'm not sure if the LGT springs would match my struts, or be matched to work together anyway. If they worked for my OB, would it drop the height much? I could go a little lower, but 1.5" MAX. I like the height now.

Archived