LegacyGT.com

anyone get a "Special Internet Price Quote"?

shanker

"Thank you for your inquiry. We have the vehicle you're looking for in-stock! The stock # of the Subaru Legacy 2.5i (5AF) is 300872. The MSRP is $27,163, INVOICE is $25,151, and YOUR SPECIAL INTERNET PRICE is $24,362. Matt here is your new 2005 Obsidian Black Pearl Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT with 5 speed manunal transmission, trim package, security system alarm, and auto dimming mirror/compass. Matt this vehicle did not have the short throw shifter so I added it including installation. In regards to your trade the only way to find out the trade value is to bring it in so that one of the managers can appraise it. Also, as mentioned in the earlier email the lease program is $0 down and $0 due at signing. So, Matt you have the vehicle, color, and options you selected and all with no money down or at signing and lease cash , so tell me what day is good for you to come in? Please make sure you print this quote off and bring it with you when you come in so the manager on duty knows that you have the special internet price." I think the line about the 2.5i is a mistake. so I sent her an email asking to confirm that its the GT. I originally inquired about the 24 month no money down lease option. no bloated final payment either. Does this sound right to you? WTF is lease cash?

Yes, many dealers do this now. They usually have a specific salesperson assigned to answer email inquiries or referrals from websites such as cars.com. The price that they give you will usually be very close to the lowest price that they will accept. They do this because they know that people searching for information online are usually more aware of what their costs are and what others are paying for the same car. Therefore, they know that if they set too high a price, you'll just skip their dealership altogether. They make up the difference in the next sale to the person who just walks in off the street and plonks down the full sticker price. They would rather get your sale at some profit than have you go to another guy who gave you the price upfront that they would not.

Archived