LegacyGT.com

2007 Naias

LegGTLT

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What's the color spectrum going to be like? PLEASE tell me some sort of color comes back into the mix. :( Not just blue/gray/black/white... PLEASE!!!! :lol:
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

I'm almost positive Cobb has said something about developing a turbo or supercharger, AFAIK, they were already in progress w/ that, but it may be with the 3.6 in the Tribeca, not the 3.0, but I don't know.

Yes, they've supercharged a Tribeca. I'm assuming the engine bay in the Legacy is different and would require different pipe routing. I'm sure they'll do it soon after the 3.0Rs start selling here.

Anybody need pix of anything in particular at the show?? I'm headed there this evening. I'll be sure to take pix of the Subie's and anything else that is interesting, but if you've got specific requests I'll try to accommodate them.

I will, however, need some pointers and recommendations on how to host pictures on one of the photo sites and them link them here. I've never tried that, so if someone can PM me with some pointers I would appreciate it!

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

i just got back from detroit and didnt see a big change at all in the legacy for 08. one thing i didnt like is that the 3.0R will NOT have MT. the interior to me has not changed at all. once i get through the books i got ill post some pics and some pics of the books if people want them.

1. Anybody need pix of anything in particular at the show?? I'm headed there this evening. I'll be sure to take pix of the Subie's and anything else that is interesting, but if you've got specific requests I'll try to accommodate them.

2. I will, however, need some pointers and recommendations on how to host pictures on one of the photo sites and them link them here. I've never tried that, so if someone can PM me with some pointers I would appreciate it!

1. YES! :D Up close shots of the front bumper. Straight on, side view, and both side angle views (45 degree shot on). Level shots too, the kind where you crouch down to get on the same level as the bumper. There is a thread on whether we have the same bumper as the JDM style bumpers. THANKS!

2. To post pics up, download them on your computer, click advanced on the bottom, click "manage attachments", and then click the browse buttons to choose which pics to upload. Just make sure they're not too big. 250kb is the max or 1024x768 res.

THANKS! :)

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

To post pics up, download them on your computer, click advanced on the bottom, click "manage attachments", and then click the browse buttons to choose which pics to upload. Just make sure they're not too big. 250kb is the max or 1024x768 res.

Yeah, I know how to do that; I'm interested in learning how to do it the other way.

I'll definitely get some bumper shots; I know that's been the subject of a raging debate.

Cheers

Yeah, I know how to do that; I'm interested in learning how to do it the other way.

I'll definitely get some bumper shots; I know that's been the subject of a raging debate.

Cheers

Possible sites for hosting your pictures are http://www.smugmug.com (not free) or http://www.freefilehosting.org/pupload/ (free).

We don't necessarily need more bumper shots of the US 2008 Legacy. But, if it's not too inconvenient, can you go to Japan and get some hi-res shots of their bumpers?

:)

Ahhhh! DOH! :( I totally missed that... Go to photobucket.com or imageshack.us and choose to upload your pictures. See how I made those links? It's the picture of the globe with the link right above, well, next to that is a Picture. When you upload a pic, you'll see an address (usually called IMG for forums and bulletin boards) to link it directly in here. Just click the picture box above and copy and paste the http address in there. Make sure to take off any parts%20at%20the%20begging%20and%20end%20if%20they

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d148/pohpihlaer/legacy.jpg' alt='legacy.jpg'>

;945806'] But' date=' if it's not too inconvenient, can you go to Japan and get some hi-res shots of their bumpers?:)[/quote']

I'm on it, no problem!

Just let me know where to send the bill for the roundtrip business class seat.

Well, I got there late and wasn't able to check out everything, but overall I thought it was pretty good this year. It was pretty much empty tonight, which is one nice thing about being able to go on the 'Industry Day'. The Subaru display was very underwhelming, as usual. My biggest diappointment was that they did not have an STi Limited, and I think those look fantastic. The only Legacy's they had were an '07 Spec B and the one '08 that was up on the pedestal. I took pix, but they aren't going to impress anyone - same shots that have already been posted. The 08's were up on turntables so I was not able to get - or even look - inside.

Talking to the reps there, they confirmed (again) that there will be no LGT wagons and now OB sedans for '08. And they weren't able to confirm any color choices either, although the one guy indicated that the Legacy sedan would be available in the gold OB color. For brochures, they only had one big one that covered the entire 07 Subaru line and one small one with very limited info on the '08s - VERY limited. So I don't really have anything to add to the general knowledge base - sorry. I'll post up some pix tomorrow. If I had any interesting ones I'd get them up right away.

Overall, my favorites were probably the Ford Interceptor concept and the new Audi R8. Again, I didn't make it through all the displays, but there were definitely some other cool concepts there. The WRX folks might be interested in a Chevy concept that was set up right across from the Subaru display - looked like a 'Street Rally' vehicle. More later...

403995915_ChevyWTCC.thumb.jpg.4d91a116bdaee58195e766f6ec80d8d5.jpg

Interceptor.thumb.jpg.53c48651e55d3d1b9ff7fad3ae89115f.jpg

R8.thumb.jpg.96c4584f093e303eaae4efb0d1614350.jpg

Hold for pix.

Not that I really want to start another debate about the front bumpers... but to me this 08 show car at NAIAS looks like it has the smaller JDM bumper, doesn't it?

60593164_08L3R-1.thumb.jpg.ec7960b3117ae65632caa93a71122bc7.jpg

2064366006_08L3R-2.thumb.jpg.39230046b0b356a1752e65e3ecff068b.jpg

http://img456.imageshack.us/img456/1558/edm07usdm08frontcomparikb7.jpg

http://www.subaru.co.jp/legacy/b4/exterior/04/imgs/p1.jpg

http://blogs.edmunds.com/.ee948f7/cmd.233/embedded..ee94925

http://imgup-lb.automotive.com:8080/files/1074503.w631.jpg

They're not the exact same, but they are similar. Thanks for the pics though. I really want to see what the GT's are like and if there are any handling/suspension or performance upgrades at all.

I hope to head there this Sat, it's only a 4.5 hour drive from Toronto, Canada!

Be careful: if it's going to take you 4.5 hours on the 401 you're going to have cars whizzing by you the whole way down! :lol::lol:

Archived