LegacyGT.com

while braking

fbi012

hey guys, I have an automatic legacy and I noticed something weird about the brakes, sometimes when I hit the brakes to stop at a light or stop sign I feel like the car doesnt slow down smoothly, it slows then speeds then slows then speeds.. and so on (theres no better way that I can describe it), as if the RPM is going up and down while I am braking! Did anyone notice this? if not, do I have to ask my dealer about it? thnx. K

it might be downshifting for you in the process that cause the surge in speed.. it might be something the dealerships or SOA might have to look at the electronic throttle control parameters to make sure the car isnt doing something like what a race-car manual-tranny driver would do for heel-toe braking. Keefe
Keefe

I'd be going at about 20-30 mph and stop normally, i dont hit the brakes hard. The streets are alittle *@#%ed up here in montreal but it happened a couple of times on a smooth road. I guess i'l let my dealer know... hope he understands what the problem is.

If 5EAT in Spots mode it would try to keep engine in responsive RPM and downshifts, So when RPM shifts higher it should brake a bit better (engine braking as well). In regular auto mode you shouldn't feel this as much.

• 1 month later...

Archived