LegacyGT.com

2005 Legacy GT Wagon rear power outlet install

rporter

When I was looking at the car when I ordered a few months ago, I swore that it had a power outlet in the LR corner. I must have looked at an Outback (which has it), and the Legacy has a blank cover plug there. Anyone know if the wiring back there already has a connector that would just require plugging in and drilling the hole to add the outlet? I would like it, but don't want it bad enough to be splicing up wires back there to get it.
Ron

I got bored one day and pulled of of the plugs out of mine.. I was not able to see any wiring in there, however never pulled the entire panel off. Hopefully there is something back there.. I think an extra outlet is not a bad idea at all..

I have a Norwegian spec. 2005 Outback and this does not have a rear power outlet. However, as you said, there is a place for it LR side in the trunk. I spoke to the mechanics at my local Subaru dealer, and he said that it was no wiring ready for a 'quick install'. He said that it was quite easy to find power back there but one should be a bit careful since the car has a modern LAN (local are network). I recommend that you ask Your dealer about which wires to use.

Archived