LegacyGT.com

Squeaky driver's seat

canis

I've had the car for about 5 weeks, but I just noticed this within the last couple days. Whenever I clutch, the driver's seat squeaks! Anyone else have this problem? I'll play hell trying to track this down - it sounds like it's coming from somewhere inside the left/front of the seat.

Mine doesn't seem as bad. It only squeaks sometimes. It also squeaks when I go over some big bumps or dips quickly. I haven't had the dealer look at it yet. I've got other squeaks and buzzes they haven't fixed yet. tom

tom :)

Hmm same issue with me, had it since new, I discovered where the noise was coming from (was driving me mad). It was the end that the seatbelt clicks into, move it around a few cm's and its all good for a few weeks. No need to involve the dealer. Adam.

Guest *Jedimaster*
Mine does that, but I thought it was just a leather thing. I have one of those leather massage chairs at home and once the leather loosened up a little it started to squeak a little.

Let us know how you go Tom. Mine acts up all the time, I suppose I could remove the seat and tighten but it few little moves back and forth and its all good. Anyway, let us know what the verdict is. Ahh just rest away Jedi, just rest away... Adam.

[quote name='jedimaster']Mine does that, but I thought it was just a leather thing. I have one of those leather massage chairs at home and once the leather loosened up a little it started to squeak a little.[/QUOTE] I had mine to the dealer for this - it was making all kinds of racket that sounded like it was coming from within the seat. The service tech was unable to reproduce it - I drove 100 yds from the shop and it started making the racket again, so I swung around to get the service manager to witness it. HOWEVER, after leaving the second time, I lowered my seat all the way (I have manual 4 way adjustable seats), and the sound vanished. My suspicion is now that the height adjusting mechinism is guilty. I have an open appointment to take the car back in, but not until the creak comes out of remission.

I tried adjusting my power adjustable seat some so that it's not at it's limits and no squeaks today. Adam, I don't think it's the seatbelt on my car. The sound is definitely coming from under my seat. I'll tell you if they are gone for good. tom

tom :)

• 3 months later...
I have the squeaky seat syndrome as well... Dealer says they nee the car all day to fix it. They looked at the problem while it was in for an oil change and apparently they didn't have enough time to fix it then. I have be dealing with the squeak for a week or so now and it SUCKS! I had a client in my car and the seat was squeaking... I swear he thought I was ripping some nasty farts.

Archived