LegacyGT.com

Acura TL

• 2 weeks later...
To be honest, before i got the legacy, i really wanted an acura, sweet tranny and nice interior. I just didn't want to compromise for FWD. I have driven FWD's before and hate them. If they would just quit this accord modifying (the TSX and TL, and maybe the RL i'm not sure) i would be all over them.
I love my car ... basically.

Just got one for my mom. Great car. Not a true sports sedan but my mom doesn't need sports sedan. She needs reliable, comfortable, easy to drive with some style. The legacy was not on the list because of its looks, lack of refinement and lack of comfort. I will not buy another subaru until they redesign their seats.

Didn't they kinda do that with the "Type-S"? Now give it the SH-AWD and you might have a contender.

u mean give it the RDX powertrain with the turbo 4-cyl and the SH-AWD...then it has mod potential too!!!

with sh-awd i'd buy a TL anyday over a LGT. the interior is just amazing and looks and features are top-notch.

i'll even consider a TSX with sh-awd and that 4 cyl turbo from RDX.

Ok, you talk about adding AWD to Acura lineups. How many of you would own an Acura instead of a Subaru? I think its safe to say that most of us come from Honda and considered Honda before buying a Subaru. I almost bought another Prelude but I am glad i got the Subaru. Alot of people wont know what theyre missing and SOA will have significantly less sales.

Same with adding AWD to the Camry or Accord. People wont as much reason to look at Subaru.

Just got one for my mom. Great car. Not a true sports sedan but my mom doesn't need sports sedan. She needs reliable, comfortable, easy to drive with some style. The legacy was not on the list because of its looks, lack of refinement and lack of comfort. I will not buy another subaru until they redesign their seats.

the seats in the new models (07's) are a lot better than the were in the 05 and 06 model line.

Same with adding AWD to the Camry or Accord. People wont as much reason to look at Subaru.

If i can't get a manual in those AWD systems then they will never see any of my dollars.

So far Honda/Acura has not put a manual on a SH-AWD system and i see it unlikely that they would being that in their performance cars, they mostly sell automatics. I couldn't find a manual in a TSX or a TL in Omaha. I see it as unlikely that they would play for the extra engineering cost just to put the system in cars that don't really sell that much.

Its really ashame to because the SH-AWD system is a great system. I think systems subaru are/would be more durable. This SH-AWD ... if someone really pushed it hard i would worry about its long term durability.

If they did add a manual, considering honda makes pretty much the best manual transmission on the market in my opinion ... omg that would be such a pimp shit car.

If i can't get a manual in those AWD systems then they will never see any of my dollars.

And they wont. Not that you can get a V6 with a manual either. And the Fusion, well AWD V6, but no 5 spd option there and its a sports sedan. Silly, but then who gets a Ford Fusion to drive it the way we do? No one.

And they wont. Not that you can get a V6 with a manual either. And the Fusion, well AWD V6, but no 5 spd option there and its a sports sedan. Silly, but then who gets a Ford Fusion to drive it the way we do? No one.

well, we all know how bad volvo awd systems are, is pretty much what the ford family of cars, mazda included, uses.

it will never been a winter machine like our subaru's are.

dont get me started on that list of must haves for subaru:

- HIDs standard across the lineup

-angel eyes stadard

- Bluetooth

-Navi w/ realtime weather/traffic on 5MT amd other models

-central digital controls for navi stero hvac (kinda like idrive)

-Better stereo (better speakers, DVD Audio the shabang)

-push button start

-more storage area

-better cup holders in the back

-DVD player option for rear seat (with seperate headphone jacks)

-steering wheel audio/navi/controls

-change those potenzas

- adjust that suspension to settle down a bit

FREAKIN CHArGE ME ANOTHER 2K-3K for all this crap....i'll pay and smile like a kid in a candy store!!!!!!!!

cmon subaru...time to step up and take the luxo-sedans out for a challenge

i ;ove when the underdog wins....and subaru has all the traits of an underdog champion that needs to step in the ring for the upset victory.

anyone here work for SOA?...can i become product manager for the legacy (dammit i've owned/own 3 generations).....i will prove the saying "u cant please all the people all the time" wrong and put out a product to which all future mid-size sedans will be benchmarked against. :)

i do agree with neelnug.. TL is a car for my mom, my wife, any body who just want nice car to get from point a to point b. even then, i might look at the 08 G35 over the TL.

i haven't driven the RL, or any of acura's line up with SH-AWD, so i don't know how it really handles in less than optimal driving conditions.

as far as creature comforts, the lgt is the most luxo car i've own. for the price, 25k, i think it fits the bill just fine. adverse condtion, performance car with some refinement, and left over money in my pocket.

anyways just my 0.02...

dont get me started on that list of must haves for subaru:

- HIDs optional across the lineup

- Bluetooth

-Navi w/ realtime weather/traffic on 5MT and other models

-Better stereo, name brand? (better speakers, DVD Audio the shabang)

-more storage area

-better cup holders in the back

-steering wheel audio/navi/controls

-change those potenzas

-adjust that suspension to settle down a bit

-auto up/down for front 2 windows, at least add auto up for the drivers window

-and more stuff I cant think of right now

FREAKIN CHArGE ME ANOTHER 2K-3K for all this crap....i'll pay and smile like a kid in a candy store!!!!!!!!

cmon subaru...time to step up and take the luxo-sedans out for a challenge

i love when the underdog wins....and subaru has all the traits of an underdog champion that needs to step in the ring for the upset victory.

fixed

i do agree with neelnug.. TL is a car for my mom, my wife, any body who just want nice car to get from point a to point b. even then, i might look at the 08 G35 over the TL.

i haven't driven the RL, or any of acura's line up with SH-AWD, so i don't know how it really handles in less than optimal driving conditions.

as far as creature comforts, the lgt is the most luxo car i've own. for the price, 25k, i think it fits the bill just fine. adverse condtion, performance car with some refinement, and left over money in my pocket.

anyways just my 0.02...

We considered the new g35x vs the TL. The G35x was too much 350Z not enough Lexus. Great sports sedan but not enough luxury sedan.. too cramped but a huge improvement over the last G35. Big difference in actual cost too.

Archived