LegacyGT.com

Legacy GT vs WRX Sti

What would u choose ?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. What would u choose ?

[quote name='EJ20H-TT']But I suspect that the Legacy GT will outsell the WRX STi. The other part of the question was why did you choose ?[/quote] I have no doubt that you are correct (Leagcy GT vs. WRX STi sales). Why did I choose what I did is complex. Interior space was one issue. Also image: I'm an executive who'll be 47 before I get the new GT. I don't often have to carry other people to lunch or whatever, but it has happened. This car will be my daily driver. There are other issues at play here also. I bought a used '97 GT 5MT last February while waiting for the WRX STi I had a deposit on to arrive. By the time my number came up I'd fallen in love with my old GT and with the looks of the new (just out in JDM) Legacy. Current plan is to keep the old GT as my teen daughter's daily driver and tweak the suspension on Friday night for weekend autocrossing, then return it to a tamer street car Sunday night. Plans can change, but she is adamant that she wants to master the 5MT and take over my GT! :shock: (Actually she isn't doing bad.)

of course it has to be a LEGACY status quo like most - family sports sedan - more room & comfort than WRX - more luxurious features - leather, heated seats, heated mirrors, dual climate control, moon roof - mid size rather than compact - speed doesn't matter

They're just different cars. I would be more than happy with either. The fact of the matter is this: the Legacy GT is performance, but doesn't flaunt it, the STi is extreme performance and flaunts it. All but the hardcore enthusiast will really want the STi with the 747 wing and tomcat-sized intake. You know what, I'm starting to see that aircraft heritage in the cars already. ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
I was shopping for an STI when the Legacy showed up. No brainer there - stealth, comfort, quiet, and just a wee bit off on speed. If I won a free choice now though, there will be an STI sitting beside the Legacy. I want to have my cake and eat it too.

Not wanting to be a wet blanket or anything but this thread should have been left alone, it dates back to when we didn't have the '05 Legacy GT and doesn't have any relevance to present day discussion. It will therefore now be closed. Maybe someday it will have a treasured place in the archives, many years from now.

Archived