LegacyGT.com

creak and groan

Parousia

Hey guys I am having some creaking and groaning from my from suspension. On acceleration the car creaks as the front rises and then creaks as you brake and it squats. It has gotten louder and louder over the last 2 days. I think that I will take it in tomorrow but wanted to know if anyone else had this issue. What is it, bearings or the bushings on the from arms? Parousia

[quote name='c_hunter']Probably the sway bar bushings. You can try lubing them yourself with a can of white lithium spray grease. Craig[/QUOTE] I think you would typically hear your sway bushings creak when cornering or having one side of the car go over a bump moreso than accelerating and breaking. If it is Mobil One synthetic grease is good junk.
OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

I had the same problem. The second day I had my 2.5GT it start to make this "clunk" sound when I stopped...then started to do the same thing when I get started in first gear. My WRX made noises, too... but they were random and only like a couple of time a week. But this noise happening on every start and stop is EXACTLY the kind of thing that'll drive me crazy, so I took it back to the dealer. They checked underneath the car and said that it was "operating to factory specifications." Naturally, my first thought was "Bullsh!t". So I spent the next two days doing hard stops at every opportunity. The noise got worse and worse until it was obvious the front suspension was squeaking. Eventually they found that the attachment bolts for the front subframe needed to be torqued. Its been three weeks and no other problems. Now if I can stop smacking the fuel cutout, I'll be golden. :-)

Archived