LegacyGT.com

anyone driven the JAckson HWY to Tahoe?

meyerb

I was thinking about taking it this weekend to South LAke Tahoe from Sunrise in SAC. I am afraid that traffic will be a mess if I try my luck on 50. I am leaving at about 3:00 pm Friday. Has anyone taken this route?

I have never driven 50, always take 88. If you've never done it, it's worth it. Right now there is construction(it is Cali, after all), but it should be wrapped for the weekend by the time you hit it. There are plenty of passing lanes, and with the LGT, you should have no problems getting by the slower traffic. If it does take longer, it won't be by much.

Is 50 still bottlenecked where the slide was?

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

Slide was last spring. There has been alot of work on it since then. Try 88. I bet it won't suck anything like 50 near Sunrise when you leave town. 16 is nice up the hill. Beware of Smokey on 49 from 16 to 88. Those guys are good with the KA. Sutter Creek has a Charger now, BTW. Make sure to check the road conditions before you leave. 88 can be closed for avalanche blasting at the pass.

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

88 isn't a bad drive. Fewer cars than on 50. My only concern is that it isn't as well maintained as 50. Fewer snow plows and Cal Trains vehicles are very rare. I did have an accident on 88 about 5 years. It was 90% driver error, 10% the road. I hit black ice on a turn and hit the guardrail. About 20 cars did the exact same thing after me until the road was finally shut down by the CHP. Accidents like these won't happen now that I have AWD.

I love my Subaru.

Lets just say that I am still recovering. I thought that all of my partying was out of me when I left college. Get a few CU Boulder Alums together with some Southshore Soldiers and the town gets lit up. I ended up taking 50 because I left on Friday morning and came back Tuesday morning. I have to stay out of South Lake, until camp in March :icon_bigg How was your NEw Years?

Mine was good, wifey pulled a mid shift at work, but I dropped her off and picked her up. My partying IS out of me. 8 years as an enlisted sailor takes its toll!!

Instead of drinking, I camped out under the LGT and put a new UP/DP and F/R swaybars on her. Flashed a stage2 TDC map,...Let's just say it lasts alot longer then the hangover you've got!!

OT, try 88 some time, it's a nice drive:)

Archived