LegacyGT.com

Krimson K6 18 x 8... where to find?

warnoldscu

I've seen these floating around on a few wrx's and I'm a big fan... one set is even for sale at a reasonable price over on nasioc but the seller won't ship. Does anyone know where I can find a vendor who sells these, I've had a hard time finding them but I think they would look amazing on my ABP legacy, esp. if they come in a gunmetal or gray w/ polished lip.... Thanks!

Weston

I've seen these floating around on a few wrx's and I'm a big fan... one set is even for sale at a reasonable price over on nasioc but the seller won't ship. Does anyone know where I can find a vendor who sells these, I've had a hard time finding them but I think they would look amazing on my ABP legacy, esp. if they come in a gunmetal or gray w/ polished lip.... Thanks!

Weston

If you go to this site http://www.centralohiosubarus.com and go to the classified section and look for a name called "1STI2H8", he has the rims and tires. The wheels are in perfect condition. Give it a try.

Thanks for the advice... I'll check that out now

The old rims are Motegi FF7's, 18 x 7.5 and I don't know the exact weight, I think like 20 pounds per wheel. I'll probably be selling 2 or 3 within a couple months if anyone wants to piece together a set of rims, I'm sure they'll be cheap :)

I was in a car accident several months ago and a couple of those Motegis were damaged so I I've been cruising on stock rims and tires lately... the stock tires are really crappy but since my 20g I've wanted to upgrade to at least 8" wide wheels for 245 tires, so I'm dealing with the stock rubber until I find the right wheel/tire combo. Thinking Rota Tarmac III's or those Krimsons if I could find a set...

• 2 weeks later...

thanks a lot... I actually followed that subaru ohio link and am negotiating with a guy on a PERFECT set which I would prefer over semi-scratched since I was going to buy a new rim. Anyway, thanks for the link and if things fall through for some reason I'll def. hit that guy up :).

Pictures on my leggy to come... anyone think if I got them coated gunmetal that would look good, leave the polished lip?? I love gunmetal/polished on ABP cars....

anyone think if I got them coated gunmetal that would look good, leave the polished lip?? I love gunmetal/polished on ABP cars....

YES!!!!

That'll look beautiful!!!!

I don't like that rim being silver at all, gunmetal with polish lip would be awesome!!!

○ ○ ○

Instagram: itshangertime :spin::spin::spin: ○ ○ ○

I won't ask how you know, but I will ask how to find a reputable coater...

Best way to find a guy who knows his stuff, ask around with local hotrod guys. Also look at samples of his work and ask what sort of guarantee (in writing) they have. I had someone screw up some one off hand fabricated parts, not a good thing. There are companies who specialize in powdercoating wheels. When done right it looks beautiful, when poorly done it looks like crap.

Well looks like I'm officially locking in the deal on those Crimsons so I'll post up some pics upon receipt, thanks for helping me find them guys!

he offered to sell them to me since I am local, but I told him to sell them to you ;) (since he should anyway... you were first)

it's doable, but you need some agressive alignment and roll your rear fenders to make them work..

I've done it with 17x8 +40mm with a 245/40/17 tire.. so if you ran a 225/40/18 tire with those 18"x8", I think you may work it out.

Keefe

Hope you're not trying to roll in under me Jon, cuz he was really responsive to my emails until now that there's a local interest, all I want to do is send him the money, too! I know you wouldn't slide under me for the rims ;)

not sliding under. I just told him if the CA deal fell through let me know. I know you will buy them, but in the off chance it did not work out I wanted to be next in line.

So he is not talking to you anymore? I do agree he is very slow to respond.

Archived