LegacyGT.com

why arent my headlights working

stanghater

so, the other day it snowed and the LGT was in the garage. Turned it on and the radio and climate control center were off. no button would turn it on. then after a little I hit the eject button on the cd player and everything magically turned on.

Then last night it was about 23 degrees outside and we started up the car and none of the lights were on, the tails, daytime running or head lights or fogs. then after a minute the tails came on and the fogs and high beams. the low beams never came on. even today when it was warmer they stilll arent on. I pulled all the fuses and they were fine. any ideas?

dude, that is super wack! is there anyway to disable the daytime running lights?

looks like someone needs to read the forum.....

It sounds like you had a headlight out and didn't notice till the second one burnt out too.

My one headlight went, got it replaced under warranty, then the other went 5 days later.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

• 2 weeks later...

We thought we had a bulb out, I got out to change it today, and I notice that both are out.

I take out the known bad one, and it looks fine on inspection. I replace it and it still doesn't work. Any other non-burning out h/l problems?

A while ago I had the headlights on, started the car, turned it off & restarted it about 15 seconds later.

Both headlights blew - pop - at once.

Had to drive to the nearest service station (to see under the bonnet) & replace one with a spare in the boot. No service station in the near vicinity had H7 bulbs anyway.

I used to drive w/ headlights on in daytime but not any more. Too damn expensive!

Archived