LegacyGT.com

where to buy dunlop tires near SF

matt

Anyone know where can I buy Dunlop Wintersport 3D's near SF?

I just got back from two weeks out of town and found last night that I have a flat. I've been meaning to get snows for a few months now, but of course I'm forced into it by getting a flat at the worst time, Christmas weekend, when nothing's open until Tuesday. That means if I order online the earliest they'd *ship* is Tuesday, and just as likely Wednesday, so I'd really like to find the tires I'm looking for locally. Nobody's open or I'd just call around to find out who carries them.

If you're searching for a particular tire buying it locally seems to be a thing of the past. Generally that's a good thing, just not when you're stuck in a stupid situation like me. I ordered the 3Ds from the Tire Rack, who thinks they'll get here Thursday. I hope they're right! I can't wait to take them up to Kirkwood... :icon_bigg

[i've come this far - why should I stop talking to myself now? :)]

The 3Ds came overnight and I even got them installed today. So far so good. They're slightly noisier than the RE92s, but then those were very quiet. The 3Ds also seem to give the car a very slightly slower/mushier turn-in, but the difference is small enough that it could just be the placebo effect. There's certainly no drastic handling compromises, so if they're as good in the snow as all the reviews say then they beat the hell out of traditional snow tires.

Also the bigger 50 series sidewalls help fill in some of the wheel gap with the stock suspension nicely. (I got the 3Ds in 205/50/17, partly because they don't come in 215/45/17.) The bigger sidewalls give them a slightly beefier look than the stock tires too, which I think looks nice for a winter tire.

Archived