LegacyGT.com

Spy Pics: New Supra????

Under all that black material I am sure it looks pretty nice, the basic shape looks promising. Don't know about that wing on the back though, looks kind small and ugly to me. Either way 100k is way to expensive. Maybe subaru should look back at their old designs (90's style impreza's) and make the new WRX based off one of those. That would be hot. To bad they got this stupid B9 concept thing stuck in their head, whoever came up with the alfa design grille for a subaru should be shot. The legacy will probably be the last good looking subaru (and the last subaru I buy) for a while if all their cars start looking that ugly.

They should make it a little bit more affordable than that. The prospects of a V-10 500 hp N/A engine dosent impress me for the 100k pricetag. Knowing that the I6 MKIV is capable of twice that power. Now if they Twin turboed a lexus GS430 motor and make it comparatively strong as the 2JZGTE It would be worth the price.

The article is bollocks, AFAIC. There have been rumors of a Toyota/Lexus supercar in the works. There have been rumors of a return of the Supra. Then there are these spy pics. The Car Connection adds two and two together and get seven, and say that the new Supra will be a $100,000 supercar, when Toyota doesn't even feel like a couple of $20,000 sports/sporty cars are viable (Celica and MR-2 Spyder). If the new Supra does come out, I would expect it to compete in the RX-8/350Z class (as it did before), with potentially a Lexus version that may bump up the performance ante. As for the $100,000 supercar, we've already seen the Volta concept.

[quote name='Whitestar Pilot']Isn't Toyota cancelling the Celica and the MR-Spider? They really don't have a sports car in their line-up anymore.[/QUOTE] from what i read online, the celica and mr-2 are being replaced by the "sporty" yet affordable scion sc.

This Space For Rent

There was some talk of this on the 350Z boards. From what I have head through the grapevine - is 2 Supras. One with a 6cyl (to compete with the Z, Boxter, etc.) with about 280-290hp and around 30k. Then the other a 8cyl (to compete with M3, Prosche and probably badged as Lexus) with about 400hp and more around 50K. But like others are saying - this is all "hear say" for now - with rumors all over the place. The only thing for certain is Toyota is no longer going to make the MR2 and Celica.....

[quote name='ion']There was some talk of this on the 350Z boards. From what I have head through the grapevine - is 2 Supras. One with a 6cyl (to compete with the Z, Boxter, etc.) with about 280-290hp and around 30k. Then the other a 8cyl (to compete with M3, Prosche and probably badged as Lexus) with about 400hp and more around 50K. But like others are saying - this is all "hear say" for now - with rumors all over the place. The only thing for certain is Toyota is no longer going to make the MR2 and Celica.....[/QUOTE] I believe the MR-Spyder and Celica are just being dropped for the USDM. In fact there are spy pics of the next gen MR at the same location as the new Miata.

Nope Im sure the MR2 is dying all over the world. They had a great concept in the previous version and they killed it. Celica or Silly Car as some call it, is going pretty good down under. All I can say is the new Supra has a lot to live up to and with the R36 GTR not out till 2007, it has a while to remain at the top Supra = RWD Weapon

Archived