LegacyGT.com

2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5i

Hi,

I just purchased my fathers 2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5i with 14,000 miles on it from his estate. I am experiencing slight hesitation when I accelerate and this morning when I went to start the car it took me a few cranks to actually start it.

Does anyone know what could be causing this problem or has anyone else experienced this before?

What do I need to do to get rid of this problem?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

I just purchased my fathers 2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5i with 14,000 miles on it from his estate. I am experiencing slight hesitation when I accelerate and this morning when I went to start the car it took me a few cranks to actually start it.

Does anyone know what could be causing this problem or has anyone else experienced this before?

What do I need to do to get rid of this problem?

Thanks in advance

Take it to a shop and have it looked over and maybe even serviced. Could be a gremlin from the estate still in it that needs to be worked out. You're still on warranty you know, and the dealer can professionally exorcise the car back to original condition and make you the true owner.

Is it an automatic? And is it cold out?

Automatics are a little slow on acceleration, because its anticipating wheel slip and if you accelerate hard, its trying to prevent it.

As for the cold, Subarus take a little while to start in the cold. Had 3 of em, and they all did it.

Now its cold, but it was warm when I got it. You had a cranking problem in cold weather? Its an automatic.

Well, my '96 was an auto, it took a while to crank. Brother had an '01 Impreza and Ive got the '99 LGT now. All take a while to start in cold weather. Just the way it is. All of those cars have the same engine as you. However, warm weather has me clueless.

Do you know if there is anything I have to do to transfer the warranty? Or does it automatically transfer to the new owner?

I always thought it trasnferred to the new owner. There should be papers in your glove box Id assume. But you can always call the dealer your dad bought it from and ask.....Ive never bought a car new enough to have a warranty left.

My aunt only buys subarus - for years now. They rolled over in a legacy wagon and walked out of it. The will only drive Subies. My dad was always a toyota guy, until he saw this 2005 with 8k miles for sale. He decided to buy it and am I glad he did. He really loved this car for the year and a half that he owned it. I am glad he was able to enjoy the car, evein if it was only for a short time....He past away this summer. I figured I would buy the car so I could have a piece of him always. So I am going to keep this car forever...I am sure it will last that long

Thats funny, my dad just got a BMW, but he was very close to buying an Avalon. I told him he'd be happier in a Spec. B, but buying a Subaru was not an option to him. His loss. Anyway, my mom had two Toyota minivans. She's been driving a Lexus RX300 for 8 years now. Wants to get another one. Toyota's a good brand, but I need AWD.

I had many honda's and the toyota clone, a prizm - dont ask y - it was cheap. Anyway, I drive the Subaru and my wife has an 06 Kia Sportage. Great truck, V6 Four wheel drive, and we only pay $199 a month 2 year lease. We haul everything in there. This summer I had a shed in there....Wasnt a comfortable ride but the Kia held its own.

I am looking to buy a classic VW now. Need a toy. - Have the garage space.

They dont make the new ones like the old ones - the older ones are better - rust and all

Got that right.

I dont believe in Acura either. Why would I by an RL, which is just an expenisve Honda, when I could buy an E class with 4matic or diesel for $2000 cheaper? Oh and without rust. I had a teacher who keeps leasing Acuras and she said that all 3 have rusted.

I have a question - Why does she keep leasing them? What does an RL go for? I saw one yesterday. Hot car but not worth the money.

She has had a CL, Two TLs, and now a TSX. She said that she keeps getting them because she turns them in well under the required mileage. Last one she had only put 28,000 miles out the alotted 40,000. So the dealership keeps giving her deals on new ones. Otherwise she said that she switch to somethan else.

Archived