LegacyGT.com

Burns from heated seats?

onesillyracer

mmmm.. burnt ass hair.. must be a turn-on for the ladies..

better not let them sit in the passenger seat with full heat - they'll burn a hole right thru their cervix!

ps - two clicks above Off position, and my seats are borderline hot (for me).

Before I moved into my LGT I owned a Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (or Overbling if you are on the Jeeper forums :lol: )... I LOVED that truck... but one day the seat heater went bizerk. It burned the living sh1t out of my leg, and nearly my nutz!

I went to the stealership and ordered a new "grid" for the seat, got home, pulled the seat cover off... and what did I find?? BURN HOLES in the grid, and melted foam in the seats. Here are the pics I snapped for the Jeeper forums:

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c107/phisch13/seatburn3.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c107/phisch13/seatburn2.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c107/phisch13/seatburn1.jpg

I called Daimer Chrysler to let them know what was going on, and I posted this in a public forum. DC's response?

"Was the vehicle under warranty?"

my reply:

"um, no, about 1000 miles out."

DC: "Oh, sorry then - there is nothing we can do." 'click' (phone disconnects)

Soooo, the funny thing is - I was not looking for anything "free" at all. I had already bought and replaced the part on my own... I was trying to let them know that they may have a potential saftey issue on their hands. How many of these burned like this w/o anyone reporting it to DC? Worse yet, how many people DID let DC know and were treated like I was?

Once vehicles leave the warranty period, unless the OEM is being sued, no one gives a flying rat's @ss about a d@mn thing... plain and simple. Hell, in the formentioned circumstances the engineers that design this stuff NEVER hear about it either.

Anyway... that was ONE of the times DC was rude to me. After the second issue (the time a HEAD went at 75K miles on a babyed V8) I abandoned all hope for DC and Jeep and moved to the Scooby world. Never looked back.

Anyway... that was long fricking winded. Sorry.

Rant is over :icon_mrgr

Drew

mine get pretty toasty [i turn them on as a prank for ppl who havent sat in my car yet haha], but i havent had this happen to me yet

I do the same thing with passengers. Its quite funny. I also turn on the heat manually to 85 and put the blower at about the 3rd setting until the passenger is like, damn, its getting a little hot in here don't ya think? I get such a kick out of it. :lol:

I do the same thing with passengers. Its quite funny. I also turn on the heat manually to 85 and put the blower at about the 3rd setting until the passenger is like, damn, its getting a little hot in here don't ya think? I get such a kick out of it. :lol:

if someone pulled that on me, I'd brew up a good and proper fart. With all that heat the smell would be a wonderful payback. The driver would not soon try the "heat trick" on me again :lol:

if someone pulled that on me, I'd brew up a good and proper fart. With all that heat the smell would be a wonderful payback. The driver would not soon try the "heat trick" on me again :lol:

Oh, I do that in addition to turning on the heat....and I lock the windows....haha

Evil bastard I am.....

Oh, I do that in addition to turning on the heat....and I lock the windows....haha

Evil bastard I am.....

wow man, you aren't kiddin'! ...and I thought I was an evil prick (when I wanna be that is...)!! That is just plain mean! I'd havta quietly just hope you accidentally sh1t yer pants or something - I think that'd be the ony suiting payback for such a feat :)

wow man, you aren't kiddin'! ...and I thought I was an evil prick (when I wanna be that is...)!! That is just plain mean! I'd havta quietly just hope you accidentally sh1t yer pants or something - I think that'd be the ony suiting payback for such a feat :)

:lol:

Archived