LegacyGT.com

anyone close to Lake George, NY???

Guinnesspower

I know its not atually New England, but being upstate and close to the VT line, I thought I'd see if anyone is around my way...or close at least!!! Seeing if there are any meets and such that go on up this way. New to the area and just joined the forum. Satin White 5sp wagon gt

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guinnesspower

I just joined this forum maybe on Thursday? I purchased my 06 LGT Satin White Sedan this past Wednesday. I go to school at RPI in Troy, NY (about 45 mins South on 87 from Lake George). I know there's another guy at my school, I think on this forum, as well. Maybe could get something in the NY/VT area going.

Need a CarPC bezel? PM me!

Lets get a meet together in the near future...I'm doing the tri-state run to benefit the cancer society on Jan. 12-14. We will be in Rutland on the 13th. Maybe set up something there. I probably won't be until later in the day (dinner?). Bmac1203, care to join us on the tri-state 48 hr. run? Starting in Philly and doing a total of 1000 miles in 3 days to benefit cancer. If that run doesn't work, lets set up a time and place...maybe Saratoga Springs, Manchester, VT, Rutland, etc. NYtoVT, i'm going to post on the Burlington, VT site to see if anyone is interested.

Not sure if the run will work for me, currently am scheduled to work (I work weekends unfortunately). But, I am up for a meet up anytime before the 20th-ish when school starts back up. Keep me posted, and I'm there.

Dont say that!! I'm only 10 mins north of Albany :(

Guinnesspower, I have not used them in the past. I decided on them because I spent quite a while on the phone with a tirerack representative, and he recomended them to me overall. I'm getting the stock size tire, but the Performance Winter, not the Studded for Ice set (You'll see two types of Blizzaks). I decided this because the dedicated ice & snow pair (the studded ones) got rated TERRIBLY in dry weather and mild wet weather. Seems that they're great in snow, but poor in all other conditions. Seeing as how I don't have the time to swap every week, I opted for the former, which were rated well in most/all conditions. Good luck with your search. If all else fails, call them, they're real polite.:icon_mrgr

Dont say that!! I'm only 10 mins north of Albany :(

Guinnesspower, I have not used them in the past. I decided on them because I spent quite a while on the phone with a tirerack representative, and he recomended them to me overall. I'm getting the stock size tire, but the Performance Winter, not the Studded for Ice set (You'll see two types of Blizzaks). I decided this because the dedicated ice & snow pair (the studded ones) got rated TERRIBLY in dry weather and mild wet weather. Seems that they're great in snow, but poor in all other conditions. Seeing as how I don't have the time to swap every week, I opted for the former, which were rated well in most/all conditions. Good luck with your search. If all else fails, call them, they're real polite.:icon_mrgr

thanks for your advise...keep thinking of the 48 hr tour...I heard it will be a blast!

I just threw on my Blizzaks last night. I'm actually pretty surprised at how well they do in the dry. Not very noisy at all either. Hoping to test them out in some snow soon.

On another note, Ill try to keep an eye out for other New England threads, but I'm sorta dense, so keep me updated. :lol:

Archived