LegacyGT.com

Service Maintenance intervals

Folks,

I'm an avid DIYer and on my past WRX I did all oil changes/etc myself and never brought the car to a dealer once in it's life except to a well-established mechanics shop for 30k service (I sold it at 50k).. I never had any problems with the car.

I just got my dealer's maintenance handbook in the mail and it's pretty much a reprint of the regular manual with some spots for them to initial and stuff.. My LGT I plan to take a little extra care of since I plan to keep it longer..

My question is - the very first interval is at 3,750 mi.. basic oil change and lube the hinges and chassis (?).. I've seen people on here changing their oil at all sorts of intervals, even well before 3,000mi... My car is approaching 2500 miles and it's still kind of mild (50 degrees avg) outside... Should I just wait until about 3000 or should I change oil like this weekend?

And do you really need to lube the chassis?? I never did that on my WRX. :lol: And I can't recall it ever done even at 30k.

thanks!

IMO you're fine to wait till 3k for the first oil change. Some change their oil for the first time the minute they get it home from the dealer, others at 1k, etc. In the end, I have doubts that it really matters in the long run.

I don't think our chassis even have any lube points/grease fittings. Those have been obsolete for some time (like 10 years or more) IIRC.

Archived