LegacyGT.com

07 trip computer relocated - good news?

misterpink

Well, Ive had my 07 LGT for less than 2 weeks - and at first i was bitching as it seems the only thing that is under the cubby now is just a clock. There is no driver info in there at all - everythign has been moved to the display under the guages - it seems like a much more awkward location.

I was a little annoyed until I realized this is probaby good news for people planning to fab screens into the existing cubby area - yes?

Instead of having to relocate, I can basically just toss the clock - not losing much right? Anyone know if theres anything else going on in that clock unit I don't know about?

This is what bugs me. Why take up all that valuable space just to show the time? The older LGT's had the temperature there too.

And the trip timer, and an instantaneous MPG reading, and an average MPG reading. It's a great little trip computer. I haven't driven a 2007 yet, but like many of the changes made, switching the trip computer to a plain old clock just sounds stupid.

phoenix96

2006 Legacy GT Ltd · 2011 Outback 3.6R Ltd · 1992 SVX

2006 Outback 3.0R VDC · 2009 Forester 2.5X

2002 Outback VDC · 1996 Outback 2.5L · 1986 GL-10

And the trip timer, and an instantaneous MPG reading, and an average MPG reading. It's a great little trip computer. I haven't driven a 2007 yet, but like many of the changes made, switching the trip computer to a plain old clock just sounds stupid.

I'm pretty sure all those things exist still, just in the display area in the instrument cluster. However I do agree it's weird to have just the clock there.

I'm pretty sure all those things exist still, just in the display area in the instrument cluster. However I do agree it's weird to have just the clock there.

Yes. But there was no need to move them whatsoever.... Unless they were going to get rid of the clock in its current location entirely.

phoenix96

2006 Legacy GT Ltd · 2011 Outback 3.6R Ltd · 1992 SVX

2006 Outback 3.0R VDC · 2009 Forester 2.5X

2002 Outback VDC · 1996 Outback 2.5L · 1986 GL-10

the clock is now just wasted space calling out to be replaced with a carputer touchscreen

I don't know why they did it. And as someone who intends to put my own touch screen in that very spot...I don't care.

I'd been haunting these forums for months while I worked out which car to buy, and I wasn't looking forward to the whole "info panel relocation to ash tray" mod. Just more money to spend. When I bought my 07 6 weeks ago, having the info displayed in the instument cluster was a boon. And I can easily make a carputer display time.

The clock itself, however, is quite useless. Even as a timepiece, it is a disapointment. Pushing ANY button on the clock changes the time. And, if you're lucky enough to have pushed the SET button, rounds to the nearest full hour. No date, and it's as difficult to read from the driver's seat as the POS clock in the 85 Tempo I drove back in HS. Would have been far better to integrate the clock w/ the stereo and open up the cubby area to be bug enough to hold a pair of sunglasses or something.

-Jim

(AKA 09F911029D74E35BD84156C5635688C0)

Would have been far better to integrate the clock w/ the stereo and open up the cubby area to be bug enough to hold a pair of sunglasses or something.

Agreed! The new clock-only display is a big fat waste of space. But - for us who plan on doing touchscreens - a welcome one :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived