LegacyGT.com

A-Pillar Boost Gauge

mmm def

Hey I was doing a little thinking. I don't remember who crashed the silver GT a few weeks ago, but in the pic it showed the side curtain airbag deployed and I don't think it really had anything to do with the A-pillar. When I had my S4, I was about to get an A-Pillar, seeing a bunch of others with the pillar gauge and no problems. Anybody done/doing this? I think it looks pretty clean. I dunno if AWE would do this but they make the vent gauge, maybe if enough of us showed interest they'd make it, they sell the new cent with gauge installed, pretty neat.

Like you said if there was enough demand, there will be supply (hopefully.. I know some of you are wishing for a Legacy STi :P). About the gauge pillar, my opinion is that the Legacy doesn't seem like the type of car that would have such a thing. I like the pillars on cars such as the Evo or WRX, but for the Legacy, something classy like in the cubby hole or something like that would be much better.
-ben

• 8 months later...
Don't suppose anyone ever found A Pillar Gauge Pod for the LGT? I am picking up mine in two weeks and having some work done (Uppipe, downpipe, TMIC, ECU reflash, brakes, Coilovers, etc.) WOuld like to add gauges at the same time and I agree that the A pillar gauges look nice.

Lots of posts in this board about [b]not[/b] doing the A-pillar gauges because of "face-plant" concerns with the side curtain airbag. I just spent the past 3 days (yes, it took me that long working about an hour each night) installing a boost gauge on the left side of my gauge cluster. I ran the hose through the driver door and through the A-pillar. So I had the fabric cover off for a few days. Looking at it "naked" while driving those few days, I realized that somebody [b][i]could[/i][/b] do an A-pillar gauge install if they did it right. What's needed is a "shorty" pod that could hold maybe 2 gauges max. at the lower end of the A-pillar. The fabric cover could be cut back to only conceal the side-curtain airbag that extends down about 10-12 inches from the ceiling. If the two pieces were absolutely separate, and the gauge pod was firmly attached to the A-pillar steel frame, then it [i]could[/i] work.

Archived