LegacyGT.com

Annoying issue with the roof/after rain. Anyone else?

[quote name='Parousia']I have not really noticed this problem with the Wagon... is it sedan specific?[/QUOTE] I have a wagon and I've gotten soaked a couple of times. I prefer to use the windows rather than the "auto" climate system and I've gotten doused a few times by sheets of water coming off the roof. I wouldn't say I'm as bummed about it as the thread author though. I agree it's a design flaw (probably associated with the frameless window) but I like enough of the other attributes of the car that I'm willing to overlook it. I just dress for heavy weather if I'm going to be using the window after or during a rain event.

it really has nothing to do with the frameless windows, as all subarus have those, and i had never had the problem before on my previous two subies. And my case is slightly different, because it happens right when i sit in the car, when i reach for the door to close it, BAM water all over my arm/shoulder... :(

[quote name='Prog']it really has nothing to do with the frameless windows, as all subarus have those, and i had never had the problem before on my previous two subies. And my case is slightly different, because it happens right when i sit in the car, when i reach for the door to close it, BAM water all over my arm/shoulder... :([/QUOTE] Cool, I'll take your word for it as I haven't owned a Subaru before. The way you describe it I wonder if the weight of the driver is tilting the car just enough so that the water runs in the window. I haven't noticed that as much on my car but come to think of it I do park on a slight incline so that the passenger door is below the driver's door (as a result of my driveway setup, not by design).

Thats exactly it...the weight of you sitting down makes all the little drops come together and spill on you. I keep a little towel in the drivers door and wipe before i sit down. Or i mean i used to before i bought the rain guards. Mike...

Archived