LegacyGT.com

Really pleased with the new '07 radio

laz

I've had my new car for less than a week and I can say that I am really pleased with the sound of the new radio. To me it sounds better than my '05 ever did, and the addition of the AUX in, SAT option and WOW function makes it better overall.

I had a OEM SUB on my old car, and still it did not sound as good as my current car. I will be adding a OEM SUB soon, and that should enhance the sound a little more.

Anybody else that has compared both and feels the same?

Now if I only had steering wheel controls!

X

---

Well I never said it was up to the level of high end in car sounds sytems, or competition systems, I just said it was way better than the '05.

I must be getting old, but in previous cars I had multi sub systems with mid and highs separated with crossovers and multiple amps. And yes it was fun to have, and more fun to add 300 lbs worth of crap to the trunk making it useless. The end result was the envy of many people, and it was also fun setting off car alarms with the rump shaking bass. Now I am just content with the stock system, and even getting it as high as 11 or 12 in volume level is enough for me.

While the OEM system will not compare to the earth shaking lows of a JL or something similar, it is still a good ehancement to the OEM system.

My opinion still stands, the '07 radio > '05 radio.

X

---

I hear ya on that one. I am still young at heart I guess. I have purchased all of Patagonian GT's audio equipment for my LGT. 2 sets of MB Quartz PSD components, MB Quart Amp, JL Amp, JL 10" W6, and a capacitor. All I need now is a sub box, clean sweep, and dynomat. I can't wait!

I plan on putting in a double din radio, changing out the speakers and adding a small sub. Nothing too crazy. My ears can't take it and i have 6yr old and a 6month old in the back alot anyway.

With the SE you have the option of doing that (swapping radios), not so with the Limited and the GT.

The new radio also has a soft off/on, which means that when you either turn the radio off, or turn the car off, the colume fades off, not turns off right away. I find that entertaining! :)

What I hate is that they broke the presets in two groups, just means I have to thinka about the presets more while I drive and change stations.

X

---

Any OEM radio is going to be about the same quality whether it's Panasonic, Clarion, or anybody else. I used to rag on people with Eclipse head units about paying a fortune for just "Toyota factory radios" -- all in good fun of course (both are Fujitsu Ten).

Subaru needs a real amplifier; even Ford realized that in the 1980s. Head unit power just doesn't cut it. Start offering a more substantial subwoofer too. It's available in other markets -- we've already got the hole in the rear deck for just that purpose.

• 2 weeks later...
meh.. SRS is like when you buy a TV the contrast setting is set the highest possible.. catches your attention, but really looks like shit.

Not in the LGT. The sound actually doesn't require you to distort it by turning up the volume or going crazy with the bass,j or treble. It actually makes the stock sound respectable

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SRS Labs uses an algorithm called TruBass to optimize bass response for small speakers without causing distortion.

Based on my experience, TruBass seems to work very well, however I don' t care for the "wide stereo" effect of WOW processing.

For the amount of time I spend in my car: WOW is good, Money in pocket in bestest!!!! :icon_bigg:icon_cool :icon_cool

I am in no way a audio snob, and as my original comment still stands I like the 07 sound better than the 05. Not too many people can make that comparison since they either have a 05-06 or a 07.

X

---

The stock system in my 07 sounds horrible. My wifes mazda5 system sounds way better and it stinks. I can't wait to put a new system in. I don't mind stock systems but the one in my car is very lame

Its too bad your 07 stereo system sounds so bad, the stock system in my car sounds surprisingly good, esp compared to the stock impreza systems.

Ed

Anything sounds good compared to the stock Impreza system.. my clock radio sounds better than the stereo in the loaner Impreza I was given one time. My 05 stereo sounds tons better than the Impreza stereo, but as far as accurate and warm sound reproduction goes, it isn't great. Hell, my last Outback had a better sounding system with more speakers and a standard sub :(

that maybe true but maybe i just dont care enough anymore to have really high quality sound without compromising use of my steering wheel stereo controls which i like a lot. i may upgrade speakers and aftermarket sub but thats about it i think.

Ed

Does the '07 use the same speakers as the '05?

Just curious as I'm thinking about buying an '07 stereo for my '05 (for the Aux in) and I'm curious if the WOW will function.

Thanks!

-Ian

^+1

Archived