LegacyGT.com

perrin axleback mufflers for the 2.5i

Guest subiecity

Guest subiecity

yea thats waht i figuered thats wha ti mneant when i said the stock Y pipe is welded in or somthing.......but yea the sound of the cans are absolutely great i mean really good..it litereally makes the hogzawst system sound like absoulte garbage ...its only loud loud at WOT, at normal revs and speeds u can still hear it but its not over powering unless u hit WOT, and with the cold air intake from 4-6 rpms its really crazy, and almost no drone on hiways....im gonna c if i can get sum clips

u think for the NA the jscspeed resonator and y pipe would BE good for my car, or not worth it on a NA?

yes, since you replace the y-pipe which is the most restrictive part of the exhaust aside from the cats. you wont gain much though. maybe 5-10 peak hp tops. Its always hard to justify spending money on the 2.5I for power mods since the HP per dollar value is so low.

Guest subiecity

yea for sure but no matter the price would replacing the res and y pipe help at all.....idk myself for sure but ive hears here and there(grapevine again) that id lose my low end torque but gain top end hp...is that true?

oh and one more question ....at a standstill when i turn my wheel either way i sumtimes gey a vibration noise in th eengine bay......maybe powersteering pump..sounds like its actually struggleing? anyone else have this problem

you might loose low end torque with the exhaust, but you will gain top end power. Its always a trade off. That shaking is normal. its comiing from the power steing pump and it only happens at idle right. thats beacuse the pump is operating on the lower limits of its operating speed.if you rev the engine 100 more rpm up, it will go away. subaru pumps are known for this and its normal.

Guest subiecity
yea i mean i nvr noticed it b4, and now i can hear it vibrating yea like u said only at idle, then goes away once i start moving, its def notciable when the radio is off and its dead quite...is it supposed to be that loud? could low tranny fluid do that 2?

yea i mean i nvr noticed it b4, and now i can hear it vibrating yea like u said only at idle, then goes away once i start moving, its def notciable when the radio is off and its dead quite...is it supposed to be that loud? could low tranny fluid do that 2?

No. low tranny fluid will cause viabration under different conditions. you have a 4EAT?

Guest subiecity
yes sir 4eat, i mean i can def understand a lil vibration but this is pretty noticable, and again in the last 10 months of owning the car i nvr heard it like this

wait, so you are drag racing and trying to performance mod a 4eat 2.5i?!?! If it is the trans, its cause you are beating the living poo out of it. you car was not meant to do the type of driving you are doing.

Im sure its not the trans though. its happening when you turn the wheel, not when you step on the gas. a viabration from the trans would be clutch pack chatter which mean worn clutches due to wear. you would feel this on gear engagement or accelleration. look at your rpm as you turn the wheel. as you turn the rpm will dp down for a sec as you load up the power steering pump. if this is when you feel the viabration then it is the power steering pump.

As for theperrin y-pipe and centerpipe, now knowing that you have a 4EAT, i would not get it. its so hard to get good numbers with that trans, to me, its not worth spending money on it. Even the 4EAT WRX suffers horribly from that trans and its crappy gearing, and thats a turbo car. Your money is better spent on asthetic mods and suspension.

Guest subiecity

yea those were the only things i was gonna do was exterior and suspension, and i almost cannot go any further now, i pretty much hit a dead point, so i said F it and ill start with the engine, i wasnt tuning it really for 1/4 mile more for autox and street, and "luxury" intake, pulley, cans n im happy :)

so if it is the power steering pump, which im 99% sure it is

A) why is i vibrating like that

B) can i be fixed, is it major, ....nxt step i should take

A) why is i vibrating like that

I told you why already

That shaking is normal. its comiing from the power steing pump and it only happens at idle right. thats beacuse the pump is operating on the lower limits of its operating speed. if you rev the engine 100 more rpm up, it will go away. subaru pumps are known for this and its normal.

It can be fixed. it has to do with the idle speed of the car. maybe your intake is causing the car to idle slightly lower than normal which is causing that condition. I cant be sure, but you cant raise the idle speed manually on our cars anymore due to the existance of the electronic throttlebody, so it has to be done via computer. the dealer can do it but you will have to pay sine they will blame your idle speed on your aftermarket intake pipe.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived