LegacyGT.com

Who has the WORST MPG? Post up a proof pic!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When I got my LGT wagon, the computer was showing an average of over 23 mpg. It has since dropped to just over 18 mpg. I don't drive hard, so I wonder how it was driven before. I imagine winter blend gas (BAH!! Conspiracy!!:lol: ) accounts for a small drop, but 5 mpg difference is pretty dramatic. I think perhaps it rolled down a lot of hills or was driven on the highway pretty much exclusively.

• 1 year later...

ive had mine at 15mpg on 200 miles of driving around town when i got my car

dont have a digital camera to take a pic of the display right now at school

but on the highway I average like 26+

On group drives, I'll be under 15 (300 miles on basically 2 and 3 with a tad of 4th will do that)

No pics, yet

cross country at 80mph I sometiumes cracked 24. I think I need to ease off the pedal.

I try to get good gas milage. Not for the enviroment but for my wallet. Or I would have kept my 05' X-runner

Cool i went from my 01 S-runner to my LGT

ok back on topic

My 5AET hates me the best I get is 25mpg on hwy but once I hit the surface street that DROPS all the way to 19mpg-21mpg

Think of it like a game, "How much profit can "xxxxxx" Oil Company make this quarter?" The goal is to keep their profits going higher and higher! The prize? The thought of all that fun carbon monoxide in the air should be the reward in itself.

Can we post worst instant milage too? I have a pic on my phone of 2MPG on the instant. Anyone else get the instant MPG lower than that?

I once saw 1.5 on the instant. However, that was with a hard acceleration going uphill. No pics though, sorry.

Think of it like a game, "How much profit can "xxxxxx" Oil Company make this quarter?" The goal is to keep their profits going higher and higher! The prize? The thought of all that fun carbon monoxide in the air should be the reward in itself.

CO as a byproduct of inefficient combustion is much reduced in modern ICEs. In fact, offing yourself by running your car in the garage will take a really long time now.

• 2 months later...

ive got 19.6mpg over 4000+ miles since i bought the car. I am just keeping trip A as miles ive put on since new use tripB when i want to do trips or tanks of gas MPG

Also ran a tank of 89 in it and just put 93 back in. Noticeable difference i found

89 probably wasn't a bright idea.

eh it says in the manual in a pinch you can run 87 the car should retard timing you will loose performance but as long as there is no knock you should be fine. Didnt have a lot of cash on me needed gas to get home, and was running on the spare donut from newport to providence so I wasnt pushing any performance limits in acceleration. But otherwise I always use 93, they dont sell 91 here in CT really just 87, 89, 93. Cant wait to get an AP so i can use the stg1 93 tune and then Gut my cats and use the STGII 93 tune

Mine's about 12 mpg during winter. All inner city driving. Lots of stoplights. I tend to drive as fast as possible without being reckless.

Terrible fuel economy but I'm used to it by now.

2005 Legacy GT Wagon Ltd 5EAT Garnet Red :cool:

1999 GTI VR6 Black - sold but not forgotten... :(

Worst in my 2.5i 4EAT has been somewhere in the 21mpg range, need to check my records.

Worst in my SVO (2.3L Turbo) was 90 miles = 13.6 gal = 6.62 mpg. That was of course during a track event on the Barber Motorsports track a couple of years ago. ;)

Archived