LegacyGT.com

Bleeding edge IPOD

MtnSub

It may not be all bad that Suby does not offer IPOD integration, at this time. My son just had BMW instal the IPOD connect in his 2002 BMW 325ix-wagon and he is very disappointed in how it actually works. He even took it back thinking something must be wrong. You do not get name of artist/song on IPOD, just list number. Not very good unless you memorize 5,000-10,000 play selections. Also, he said the install is a rip-off. ($150 plus hardware of $100 and they basicly remove two screws, a plastic panel and plug in USB. My son said it is a great idea and dealer has a backlog of people waiting for install, but it is way too first gen. Grass is not always as green as it appears on the other side. Being a sensative, supportive dad, I told my son to quit snibbling, you are driving a BMW for crying out loud. Don't call me about this BS.

I have been doing a lot of surfing in a few of the M3 forums of late and there is a lot of talk about the IPOD integration. They all think its fantastic so maybe he may have got a doddgy job or something like that. If you really want to know, send me a PM and I will give you the details. Adam.

Archived