LegacyGT.com

The messenger was Shot.

[quote name='John M']LOL - they can try it but I'd like to see it stand up in court. There is no way to prove a statement made on a message board is fact. Every post could be pure fiction, and probably [b]is[/b] in the eyes of the court. Even videos and pictures are meaningless. They could just as well have been doctored, edited, or completely faked. This was proven in another situation a local person was in a year or two ago regarding videos on the web and gung-ho prosecutors.[/quote] Depends on who has the better lawyer.

Ouch, sorry to hear about teh job. If you exaggerated or not, the fact stands that you posted this "story" on this board. Whether or not this is reason enough for dismissal is not up to me to decide. I do agree though, that you did build enthusiasm here and helped many buyers make their final descions. I hope all goes well for you Orpie. :)

Sorry to hear about your misfortunes.. Although I can't say as I agree with you be fired because of a post on a forum, I will say that if you were caught doing something as you described then that's a different story. Only you know the truth, either way, I wish you the best of luck in re-employment.

[quote name='Legacy_Fan']WOW!! That would get somebodies atttention. I find it interesting that they monitor this site. Sorry to hear you lost your job orpie.[/QUOTE] I doubt that anybody was monitoring this site. I bet that someone squealed by sending a link to SOA.

Guest *Jedimaster*
Nobody here is innocent of embellishing on a message board. I'm frankly a bit disappointed that people are not supportive of his plight. He may have showed some poor judgement, but he didn't do anything to get fired. It's always a shame when someone loses their job. It never affects only one person. It could be affecting his wife, children, any dependents, if he has them. At the very least, it affects his financial situation negatively, which affects all of us.

[quote name='jedimaster']Nobody here is innocent of embellishing on a message board. I'm frankly a bit disappointed that people are not supportive of his plight. He may have showed some poor judgement, but he didn't do anything to get fired. It's always a shame when someone loses their job. It never affects only one person. It could be affecting his wife, children, any dependents, if he has them. At the very least, it affects his financial situation negatively, which affects all of us.[/QUOTE] Jedi, I don't think anyone is showing a lack of compassion. All have wished him well, and it is indeed a shame whenever someone loses their job. But as I wrote earlier, it isn't surprising that Subaru reacted the way that they did. While I would have hated to be the person who made the call, you can understand why the call was made. Kevin

Guest *Jedimaster*
[quote name='gtguy']Jedi, I don't think anyone is showing a lack of compassion. All have wished him well, and it is indeed a shame whenever someone loses their job. But as I wrote earlier, it isn't surprising that Subaru reacted the way that they did. While I would have hated to be the person who made the call, you can understand why the call was made. Kevin[/QUOTE] I guess I understand, but as a union rep, I find myself finding reasons why NOBODY should lose their job. Ah well- you like different perspectives, right Kevin? ;) J/K

[quote name='jedimaster']I guess I understand, but as a union rep, I find myself finding reasons why NOBODY should lose their job. Ah well- you like different perspectives, right Kevin? ;) J/K[/QUOTE] Indeed, Jedi. I used to be a union guy myself, AFL-CIO (Chicago Newspaper Guild), to be precise. Once, someone screwed up in the shop, got fired, and nobody looked back. The Guild raised something of a stink because they had to, and management said "Look this is documented stuff," and that was that. I hope Orpie will be alright. These are scary times. Kevin

Shouldn't Union be helping those really wronged or it should just help indiscriminatingly? When one made a (or a series of) big mistakes and get fired for it, it's just a matter of taking responsibility for it. This may sound cruel but that's life.... Learn from it n move on. We feel sorry for Orpie but drumming up support to complain for this case seems not the right thing to do based on what's posted so fat. Unless he had a stronger case which we have not heard up to now.

Archived