LegacyGT.com

Oem navi question

darren94

i have been searching and reading for the past 2 hrs but i cant find my answer. I have the chance to buy the COMPLETE oem navi system for the price of a lifetime!! each thread i read is about how not to make a non factory nav car into a factory nav car due to HUGE costs. But since i dont have to worry about the expense side. How hard is the install. I mean looking at the unit and how it bolts in, it looks simple. But wiring is my question. I hear it uses the ecu, speed sensor, and so on. But, a non navi factory car does not have the access to those signals/data. Could a good installer/tech/shop do the job. I dont see why not. There has to be some way to make it work. I mean the guy t the dealer is all into stero stuff and said it was possible but the dealer would not get into that.

you should be able to do it if you are electrically inclined.my guess is that the only thing missing would be the steering wheel angle sensors. the speed signal i am sure it can be tapped into the abs system just like the aftermarket head units.

the speed signal i am sure it can be tapped into the abs system just like the aftermarket head units.

Speed signal is available at the ECU and the schematic has been documented in the interior/audio forum

ignore him, he'll go away.

Archived