LegacyGT.com

Cusco swaybar question

blklgt05

Cusco RSB's come with new hard rubber bushings. No need for aftermarket endlinks (like Xenonk/keefe mentioned)

I ran my first track event with my car with Cusco RSB and OEM endlinks, and the car handled great...

I've got no clunks or noises...

hope that helps!

~Sucka-Duck~

heh, I ran with stock endlinks with all my other upgraded suspension for 2 years now (55,000+ miles) and some of that driving includes 200 miles worth of autocrosses and about 3000+ miles on the track and of course, another 100 miles on the http://www.tailofthedragon.com Unless your "touge" looks like the Dragon, the rest [iMHO] is just a straight road ;)

Here's a map of the Dragon:

http://www.tailofthedragon.com/maps/poster2005.jpg

http://www.tailofthedragon.com/maps/elevation.gif

What you will get eventually is that your rubber Lower Control Arm bushings will wear out and start ripping apart, but it will still be intact. That's where you can get a probable clunk. Eventually, I will end up buying a set of Spec B aluminum control arms and upgrade those with SuperPro/Whiteline LCA offset-bushings which will give me a little bit more caster (at least that's what I remember them as being offseted).

Keefe

it's a native 21mm, but the Cusco version I have (Vacanza, that is now discontinued to be sold in the USA) is an adjustable rear to make act like a 23mm bar. I have my rear bar set to the stiffer setting and it's been fine all these miles.
Keefe

What you will get eventually is that your rubber Lower Control Arm bushings will wear out and start ripping apart, but it will still be intact. That's where you can get a probable clunk. Eventually, I will end up buying a set of Spec B aluminum control arms and upgrade those with SuperPro/Whiteline LCA offset-bushings which will give me a little bit more caster (at least that's what I remember them as being offseted).

Glendora mountain road (GMR). theres like, 1 or 2 short straight. the rest is turn after turn. Im planning on getting the superpro offset bushings too. i wanna see which makes what kind of difference. So my plan for suspension is swaybar, whiteline steering bushing + Superpro offset bushing, then start with power upgrades. Im currently running on BFG gforce sport and MR coilovers. :( ...yeah.. i also need some skill upgrade. seat time..need to have more seat time :icon_mad:

I noticed that all seaon tires hate having too much camber.. caster adds dynamic camber (meaning when you turn the wheel more, you gain more camber).

any tire that has soft sidewalls won't like having too much camber, so keep the camber to around -1.5 degrees or so.. if you end up getting more than +7 caster, make sure you are around the -1.5 degree for camber for street driving.. you might want to re-dial in your coilovers and tire pressures to make use of the new parts.

Keefe

I noticed that all seaon tires hate having too much camber.. caster adds dynamic camber (meaning when you turn the wheel more, you gain more camber).

any tire that has soft sidewalls won't like having too much camber, so keep the camber to around -1.5 degrees or so.. if you end up getting more than +7 caster, make sure you are around the -1.5 degree for camber for street driving.. you might want to re-dial in your coilovers and tire pressures to make use of the new parts.

i got rid of my all season long time ago. and im already at -1.5. gives me better entry on turns. my tire pressure is at stock 35/33 since im running stock tire size. and i think my front is a little bit lower than the rear. any suggestions?

Archived