LegacyGT.com

Leaking head gasket.. Help..

Turkeylord

yea, so i havent been driving it because im figuring out what im going to do. Someone said that the temperature gauge (?) could be the issue, that the car isn't correcting reading the temperature so the coolant doesn't get used to cool the engine...i dont know correct terminology.

My car has overheated three times ( ive stopped driving it around since then). The first time my dad said he just had to add coolant...the second time my brother said there was very little oil in the car, which led me to believe there was a leak i had to get checked out, and the third time there was both oil and coolant and everything seemed fine. After that i freaked out and stopped driving it altogether.

:icon_conf:icon_conf:icon_conf:icon_conf:icon_conf

So im thinking the temp. gauge or whatever to that tells the car to cool itself must not be working? i heard it wasn't too expensive if that is the problem...

If the answer to my earlier questions is yes, is there brown crud in over flow? does the overflow smell like exhaust is the overflow tube blowing bubble when warm then it is not likely that the gauge or sending unit is bad. Only other check is to have the cylinders compression tested. This will give indication as to where the leak is.

Archived