LegacyGT.com

my car skips at idle dealer said

friviz68

well the car went to the dealer on the 14th for the oil com and they also need to adress the skip it has at idle. iv had the skip for a long time now it spent 2 weeks at the dealer for that and they could not fix. turns out that thare are 3 others in the country that have the same problem the skip. one one of them they replaced both the heads but it didnt fix the problem. on the other they replaced the block. still didnt fix the skip. so now sub is saying its a electriciel problem and as far as the dealer nows sub hasent fixed the problem yet this car has been it the dealer ship for 20 days for a bunch of problems all warrenty work thank god.

• 3 weeks later...
when my legacy idles very bad and the check engin light cam on so i brought to the dealership. everytime they would reset it within a day or 2 it would come back on the coad was a missfire coad and they have checked everything in my engin and cant fix it so sub is buying the car back. i am undesided if im getting another legacy because all the problems iv had with this one im looking at a wrx limited

• 4 weeks later...
the dealer replaced all the injectors and put a new turbo in now it runs fine
I can't imagine how a "bad" turbo could provoke misfire at idle. Sounds like the techs were resorting to the shotgun approach to misfire diagnosis and replacing everything in sight.

under hard aceleration i would get alot of black smoke out of the back. and i had an idle problem,so the dealership found 2 bad injectors,so replaced them all but under hard aceleration still got lots of black smoke.so the turbo was then replaced, now the smoke is gone,and my car runs like it did when i got it new.i dont understand how a turbo could cause it to smoke under aceleration eather unless they arnt telling me somthing?

Archived