LegacyGT.com

Anyone want some free tuning?

TDC Tuning

055 - you're dyno results seem odd. Too much torque for too little HP at the wrong RPMs

When I went to pick up my car the tech said that the hp gains were as expected at 270 but we were able to get a 'butt load' of torque out at 340. Based on his statement and listings of cars they tuned most matching the same profile I accepted this as fact.

In fact I was told that a base LGT was 200whp/ 231wtq and because I went with the headers, up-pipe, down-pipe and exhaust the torque would increase dramatically. I must say this thing pulls like a freight train, even at 60 in 5th gear it has a sink back in your seat kinda of pull. It's a rocket from 80 to 140!!!!

But when looking at my dyno readings I noticed based on color coding you could be correct and that I have had it backwards all along. Does anyone out there have experience reading dyno charts? It appears that the 'hp' is color coded in blue and the 'torque' is color coded in green. If this is the case how do my readings look based on my mods? should I get the car retuned?

1911370670_dynoresults.jpg.94317c25027476eff8dc4c54aa23b1cb.jpg

When I went to pick up my car the tech said that the hp gains were as expected at 270 but we were able to get a 'butt load' of torque out at 340. Based on his statement and listings of cars they tuned most matching the same profile I accepted this as fact.

In fact I was told that a base LGT was 200whp/ 231wtq and because I went with the headers, up-pipe, down-pipe and exhaust the torque would increase dramatically. I must say this thing pulls like a freight train, even at 60 in 5th gear it has a sink back in your seat kinda of pull. It's a rocket from 80 to 140!!!!

But when looking at my dyno readings I noticed based on color coding you could be correct and that I have had it backwards all along. Does anyone out there have experience reading dyno charts? It appears that the 'hp' is color coded in blue and the 'torque' is color coded in green. If this is the case how do my readings look based on my mods? should I get the car retuned?

Who did your tune? Tony? Your graph is backwards compared to mine. I got 270hp/325tq, but asked for a more conservative tune and did not have him push it more as I was happy with the results and the flatness of the torque curve. Yours peaks and drops too much in my mind. To compare, my tune was done with an AVO filter, Crucial UP, Cobb HFC DP, Greddy SP2 and Perrin TMIC.

Oh yeah, the 2 plots are Cobb Stage 2 (thin blue and green) and the Protune (thick blue and green). The lines come back on the Stage 2 run because he let of the gas

CIMG0749.thumb.JPG.f3a99c0359ce665f1d903374729dcb60.JPG

Who did your tune? Tony? Your graph is backwards compared to mine. I got 270hp/325tq, but asked for a more conservative tune and did not have him push it more as I was happy with the results and the flatness of the torque curve. Yours peaks and drops too much in my mind. To compare, my tune was done with an AVO filter, Crucial UP, Cobb HFC DP, Greddy SP2 and Perrin TMIC.

Oh yeah, the 2 plots are Cobb Stage 2 (thin blue and green) and the Protune (thick blue and green). The lines come back on the Stage 2 run because he let of the gas

I compared our dyno charts and noticed that the scales are different. My chart is scaled at 10 and yours at 25; and I noticed that my torque scale does not line up with the hp scale.

So I took readings from each and compared the 2. Yes I agree your curves are a tad flatter in the upper rpms but I think my scaling misrepresents my curves and that they would appear flatter if plotted on your scale.

Bear in mind these readings are approximates but should be accurate within a few ponies and/or foot pounds.

TQ HP

======== =========

rpm me you me you

=== === === === ===

3000 338 325 195 187

3250 332 315 205 195

3500 330 315 220 212

3750 322 312 232 225

4000 315 310 240 237

4250 312 310 255 250

4500 305 305 260 262

4750 295 295 265 265

5000 285 287 270 270

5250 265 265 265 265

5500 250 250 260 262

5750 230 230 250 252

6000 210 212 240 240

6250 195 200 230 237

6500 175 180 218 230

Dude, your dyno plot looks very "normal" (and this is a good thing :) ) for a stage 2 car. You are getting 338 wtq @ 3000 rpm's and 270 whp @ 5000 rpm's. Your wtq does seem to drop off a little fast even if you scaled it differently. So don't worry and be happy :icon_bigg :icon_bigg :icon_bigg

:icon_twis Slide It Sideways :icon_twis

We can use the spec b in this thread so please stay tuned for info from us.

055 spec B please contact Jon on IM at Tdc Tuning

;)

Cool, glad to be of assistance!!! Hope your testing a FMIC and upgraded turbo because that was slated for spring but I just can't wait!

Will try IM'ing you tomorrow (Friday). Incase we don't get in touch I will send you an email to sales@tdctuning.com with my phone number.

feels like christmas is coming early this year :)

We are testing a Turbo H6 with a twin scroll setup and a 100 shot. ;)

Very cool!!! I will try to IM you tonight. Will also send you a PM to TDC Tuning II with my phone number. When will you need the car and for how long?

I figure while it's there I might as well have a few other things done, such as:

I have stainless steel headers but they are uncoated, I noticed in some pics you wrapped a header with an insulation of some type, do you recommend I do this?

Additionally I would like to stiffen up the chassis in a few places. many other questions can't wait to touch base. :)

I know I am a little late to the party, but I would be up for a trip to NH. I live in the North Shore of MA, and have a stage 2 2006 LGT MT (Crucial UP/DP with AP, of course).

I could be available this weekend for a visit, but I can't leave the car with you for 2 days... I can go back and forth a few times if desired... let me know what the plan would be, and we could work something out, I think?

how is next week?

Next week is fine but I need to know a few things, they are:

1.) What days do you need the car?

2.) How much of the car are you taking apart? I've spent a lot of time tweaking the car to realign panels, remove squeaks, buff out scratches and really need to know what is involved.

3.) How much is this going to cost me? I ask this because you said, "stuff we do to the car can be purchased at cost." Not that this isn't a great deal (especially with the free tune but what is cost? $1000, $2000, $4000 I need to budget for what cost will be.

4.) I currently have a Pro tuned XXtuning map and don't want to loose that map. If you are going to remap the ecu can we backup the xxtuning map that is currently being used incase I need/want to revert back?

Please call my cell to discuss, I will PM you with the number.

Archived