LegacyGT.com

Light bar for OB 05+

^^how did you run the wiring into the vehicle? been thinking of adding lighting to the top of the vehicle, but also want to be able to remove them, etc.

I had the same feelings about the,, i wanted to be able to remove them sort of quickly, so i ran wires out to the rear drivers side brake light, up by the hatch piston, and put a quick connect in there, and then up across the roof along the inside of the roof rails. The wire is held in place with velcro strips ;)

Guest *Jedimaster*
I don't know about the front mount, but i went w/ the roof

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o206/AgentBCOC/LF2.jpg

Cool-how did you route the wiring?

I only ran a hot from the battery, so...

Battery -> into fender w/ all the other wired, in through the side gasket behind the fender, into the fuse area (where i mounted my stealth switch ;) ) Up through the dash area into the A-pillar, across the roof (avoiding all the sunroof junk etc.., down the rear pillar (c? d?), grabbed a ground on the pillar, out the drivers side brake light gasket with both wires, up the pillar, ourside the hatch-gasket, but inside the closing area... right under the piston., put my quick-disconnect there, up through the area where the hatch pinches the wire (i used a high grade industrial, rubber coated wire, so it doesn't cut the sheathing on the wire, and weld the hatch shut :p ) then up along the roof rack, held to the rack with some black velcro straps, and then across the cross bar to the lights.

it's about a 3 minute connect/disconnect with all the velcro and taking off/putting on the cross bad. :)

Guest *Jedimaster*
I only ran a hot from the battery, so...

Battery -> into fender w/ all the other wired, in through the side gasket behind the fender, into the fuse area (where i mounted my stealth switch ;) ) Up through the dash area into the A-pillar, across the roof (avoiding all the sunroof junk etc.., down the rear pillar (c? d?), grabbed a ground on the pillar, out the drivers side brake light gasket with both wires, up the pillar, ourside the hatch-gasket, but inside the closing area... right under the piston., put my quick-disconnect there, up through the area where the hatch pinches the wire (i used a high grade industrial, rubber coated wire, so it doesn't cut the sheathing on the wire, and weld the hatch shut :p ) then up along the roof rack, held to the rack with some black velcro straps, and then across the cross bar to the lights.

it's about a 3 minute connect/disconnect with all the velcro and taking off/putting on the cross bad. :)

Pretty neat job.

excellent job, what kind of quick connect did you use? I'm thinking of a standard trailer connector, then I can run more than one set of lights, but still not sure yet...

excellent job, what kind of quick connect did you use? I'm thinking of a standard trailer connector, then I can run more than one set of lights, but still not sure yet...

you got it 100%

except i used one connector per line, so the ground, and the hot have their own connector, i tried it with just one, using 2 lines per, and the connector got pretty hot because of the amperage being drawn through it.

;)

Archived