LegacyGT.com

What should I do first before lowering my 2003 2.5GT?

parado25

The best for what, is my first question for you. For a daily driver, you already have the best. The stock GT suspension is excellent. You're in that limbo, as the 95-99 cars can run the latest-generation WRX stuff. I'm not sure about the 2000-era cars. I'm pretty sure you can find coilovers to fit it if you want, or a milder tune such as pink springs and STi rear links, which should leave ride quality effectively unchanged, that is, still smooth. These springs lower the car about a 1/2", and I'm pretty sure there are some available for that car. Dale Teague is a good guy to talk to. He had some project Legacies going, and tends to do a lot of Legacy stuff. Xenonk is running coilovers, Zeals, I think, but on an '05 GT. He likes them a lot, though I'm not sure what variance from stock ride height he chose. The first question to ask when lowering a car is why? Looks? Handling? Just because? Answer that, and someone can help you more effectively. Kevin

Thanks for the reply! I want my ride low, mainly for looks. I know performance comes with it when taking sharp turns. I want my ride low so that its enough to make it look like there's not much gap between the tire and wheel well. I don't have after-market rims, only the stock ones. I do not need it super super low because I do live drive it everyday. It's not a show car. For someone who lives in all types of weather conditions (including snow), what brand should I go with? What type of suspension system should I go with? I've never lowered any of my past cars, so I'm very new at this.

Archived