LegacyGT.com

WHAT ARE THE BEST BRAND PARTS FOR MY 2003 LEGACY 2.5GT?

parado25

I grabbed my 2003 Legacy 2.5GT like 7 months ago and I'm interested in tuning it up, maybe perhaps make it louder and a little quicker than what it currently is. The only problem is I don't know what brands are good? I have the K&N filter but that's not enough! Someone told me Cobb was good, is it really? Is their Cold-air intake good? Will it make my car sound louder and quicker?

• 8 months later...
Cobb is a great company. For suspension and brakes, I would suggest iON Performance. They're also doing an exhaust for our car, which is quite nice. Not many companies make exhausts to fit our body style. /Jonathan

• 2 weeks later...
[b]parado25[/b] - You can drop us a line directly: [email="sales@ionperformance.com"]sales@ionperformance.com[/email] or [email="info@ionperformance.com"]info@ionperformance.com[/email] In addition to our brakes, suspension and exhausts for the BE/BH Legacy (MY00-04) we also have our own air intake system, cams, and other engine components. Feel free to drop us a line for details. [b]97legacygt[/b] - Finally got those GR2's yet? Your new ride is definately looking much better then before with our Sport Specs :)

iON, I haven't got the GR-2's yet, unfortunately. Soon I'll have them. Just need to pay off the remainder of my credit card bill, and I'll have a lot more money to throw into my car. I'm also considering re-enlistment, so i'll have a really nice bonus coming my way that should pay off the remainder of my car plus an engine swap! :banana:

[b]97legacygt[/b] - cool, wish you the best of luck :) An engine swap on the BE/BH chassis maynot be the best idea; as the x-member is different and will not cross over well with the WRX (if you're planning a turbo set-up). Otherwise another engine swap to consider is perhaps a EZ30 or EZ30R.

[b]iON - [/b] I was under the assumption that I could use a WRX crossmember and it work just fine. Is this true? I'm actually juggling the idea of building an EJ22T for high boost, but the WRX always comes back as the better deal because of it's ease of finding, more documentation, and aftermarket support. What is the EZ30R out of again? That is what PHATsubie is swaping into his 01 LGT, right? Sorry about the hijack ;) /Jonathan

[b]97legacygt[/b] - No the WRX x-member will not swap over. The widths of the BE/BH is different then that of the WRX sedan or wagon. The "cheapest" route would be to add an aftermarket turbokit in the long run. Then if you decide to get headers etc now which end in the factory location, you can use those for that as well. Yes PHATSubie is putting in an EZ30R.

• 2 years later...

Archived