LegacyGT.com

Check Your Caliper Bolts!

Speedracerx

Last week while washing the car, I noticed that my stick on weights on my RF wheel were missing. I thought it was odd, but stranger things happen, so I did a rebalance and everything seemed fine.

Yesterday, I happened to put my car on the rack at our shop just to nose around under the car...check for leaks, tire wear, etc. I then noticed that there was a bolt missing from the RF brake caliper bracket, and the caliper was free to move in an arc. This is probably what caused my wheel weights to be knocked off...hitting the loose caliper.

Anyway, (obviously) the upper bolt was loose too...luckily I found the right size replacement in our parts bin and it appears there was no other damage. I checked the other side, and they were torqued OK, so I hope this was an isolated incident...but, just in case, I thought I'd give everyone a heads-up to do a quick check of their own.

FYI, I have never had the caliper bracket off. Car has 9000 miles, Progress springs/sways and 18's since 400 miles and as of this weekend, KB front endlinks.

Noises:lol: ...All sorts of noises, but mostly accounted for, like 3" exhaust, etc. LOL

Actually, when I was posting this, I tried to think of any odd noises that might have been an indicator, but the only thing was some intermittent rattles that I thought was the fuel line rattle or the sway bar clunk. I think the only real indicator was the missing stick on wheel weights...I should have looked harder for a cause.

For good measure, I took some sockets and a ratchet and checked everything else that I could reach under the car...nothing else was loose. I also added Loctite to the caliper retention bolts.

Archived