LegacyGT.com

07 automatic trans stall

pltdsubaru

• 1 month later...

Ya know I just ran a search for this b/c yesterday morning going to McDonalds for breakfast I had this happen to me.

Was going downhill on a very cold morning in sport mode (not sharp), I went into the turn lane and slowed down (rpms dropped down), I came almost to a stop, b/c a car in front of me was slowing down waiting to turn, I accelerated and it stalled on me.

I think the combination of all those elements caused the stall, I mean I was really low on RPMs in 2nd gear (in regular drive mode) so the computer probably just didn't upshift in time and I went to accelerate and it stalled. If it happens again I'll have it looked at but I think it was just a freak thing. Perhaps I'll try to emulate that scenario again to see if I can make it happen again.

EDIT: Another reason driving in the manual shifting mode is good. Then things like this have less a chance of happening. I usually do, but it was cold, I was tired and lazy. Also, at least this only happened once for me since I got it, and not like.. once/week or every other week like in a manual :p

Archived