LegacyGT.com

Impreza 1.5R a hot seller in the UK

I hope it's not a repost:

http://www.carpages.co.uk/subaru/subaru-impreza-sports-wagon-01-11-06.asp

http://www.carpages.co.uk/subaru/subaru_images/subaru_impreza_sport_wagon_01_11_06.jpg

Subaru's new entry-level Impreza 1.5R Sports Wagon has turned into a sell-out success.

So popular has the £12,495 car become since going on sale on 1 October that official importer, Subaru (UK) Limited is entirely out of supplies.

Some cars may still be in dealer stock but with many, such as Triangle of Chesterfield selling twice their allocation, vehicles are becoming scarce.

Subaru (UK) Limited Marketing Director, Jon Nealon, said: “Despite an extremely difficult new car market, our dealers have really got behind this new Impreza model and seized the opportunity to break into a new market sector.

“Obviously we have ordered extra cars but these will not be with us until January so customers would be wise to place their orders now.”

The new Impreza 1.5R Sports Wagon offers outstanding value, high equipment, flexible performance with good fuel economy plus all-wheel drive security.

This five-door-only model is a permanent member of the Impreza range and costs an incredible £12,495 on-the-road.

This is despite standard equipment which includes symmetrical all-wheel drive with a dual-range, low-ratio transfer 'box, alloy wheels, climate-control air-conditioning, radio/cassette/CD player, front and rear electric windows plus driver, passenger and side airbags.

In fact, the new Impreza 1.5R - which has a totally new 105 PS ‘boxer' engine - is only £500 more than the most basic Ford Focus - the five-door 1.4 Studio which has a 79 PS engine.

And apart from lacking AWD, the Ford also omits alloy wheels, air-conditioning, rear electric windows and a CD player.

The new model opens up a whole new market for Subaru, appealing to two kinds of customer.

Some may need the reassurance that only all-wheel drive traction can give while others may have always wanted to enjoy the outstanding roadholding and quality engineering provided by the Impreza but do not need the performance of the sportier models.

Subaru also hopes to appeal to former owners of its smaller Justy model which ceased production in the late '90s.

All Imprezas marketed by Subaru (UK) Limited come with the reassurance of a three year or 60,000 mile warranty plus 12 year anti-corrosion cover and three year paintwork warranty.

This is in addition to three years' membership of Subaru Assistance - a comprehensive home and roadside repair and recovery package throughout the UK and Europe administered by Mondial Assistance.

"symmetrical all-wheel drive with a dual-range, low-ratio transfer 'box," :icon_conf:icon_conf:icon_conf

Yup, I noticed that, too. They get the low-range gear. Some EDM Legacy trims also get it.

unclemat, I think you should email SOA and ask them why they refuse to put a low-range transfer case into USDM Outbacks, esp with the 5MT..

Hell.. you use one of those for off-roading.. why in the hell does a 1.5l impreza or Legacy need it?

I hope they include that on the STi wagon they are building :lol:

just like the Audi Allroad. The other markets got a low range on the MT while here we didn't.

Well, because most of Outback buyers don't even take their cars on a gravel road, much less anything more serious. Remember - US culture is all about fake and image... at least many companies think so, I work hard to cater to such customers first.

Archived